Bridge Over the St. Lawrence River, June 1976
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify anyone in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Leonard Beckley, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A colour slide of a bridge over the St. Lawrence River. In this view a person can be seen sitting facing the camera and a boy is looking up towards the bridge.
- The Thousand Islands are located in the Saint Lawrence River and straddle the Canada-United States border.
Leonard Beckley was born in Bude, Cornwall, England on 17 September 1905. He immigrated to Canada in 1910 with his parents, Richard and Jane, and his three brothers Herbert, Victor and Edgar. The family would move to 509 Beech Street circa 1916. He married Elizabeth (Betty) Ellen Roberts (1901-1984) and they did not have any children.
Mr. Beckley was an avid photographer, taking photographs of flowers, changing seasons, and events of Whitby. He also documented his family vacations to historic places through photographs. His other passion was gardening which was reflected in his “Old English” garden.
- Date of Original:
- June 1976
Width: 2 in
Height: 2 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Beckley, Leonard
- Corporate Name(s):
- Thousand Islands
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation:
- Bridge Over the St. Lawrence River, June 1976, Leonard Beckley. Whitby Archives A2014_004_028.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a colour slide.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address