Passengers for the Thousand Islands Boat Tour, June 1976
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify anyone in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Leonard Beckley, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A colour slide of passengers sitting waiting for the Thousand Island boat tour.
- The Thousand Islands are located in the Saint Lawrence River and straddle the Canada-United States border.
Leonard Beckley was born in Bude, Cornwall, England on 17 September 1905. He immigrated to Canada in 1910 with his parents, Richard and Jane, and his three brothers Herbert, Victor and Edgar. The family would move to 509 Beech Street circa 1916. He married Elizabeth (Betty) Ellen Roberts (1901-1984) and they did not have any children.
Mr. Beckley was an avid photographer, taking photographs of flowers, changing seasons, and events of Whitby. He also documented his family vacations to historic places through photographs. His other passion was gardening which was reflected in his “Old English” garden.
- Date of Original
- June 1976
Width: 2 in
Height: 2 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Beckley, Leonard
- Corporate Name(s)
- Thousand Islands
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Images Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.2573622186168 Longitude: -76.3133902583008
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation
- Passengers for the Thousand Islands Boat Tour, June 1976, Leonard Beckley. Whitby Archives A2014_004_021.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a colour slide.