Two Unidentified Children Sitting By A River, c.1936
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify the children in this photograph?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white negative of two unidentified children sitting by a river. In this view one child is facing the camera.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original:
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Two Unidentified Children Sitting By A River, c.1936, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_223C.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address