Pump House, 1941
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative showing the pump house at Lake Ontario. Two men are standing beside a piece of machinery, one of them is Herbert Pringle, manager of the Public Utilities Commission.
- The Waterworks pump house was built in 1904 on the lakeshore between Whitby Harbour and Heydenshore Park. An additional pump house was built o the east of this building in 1959. The original building ceased to be used when a third pump house was completed in 1978.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- 22 April 1941
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Pringle, Herbert Luther
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8514692777707 Longitude: -78.925936040102
- Recommended Citation
- Pump House, 1941, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_153B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.