Whitby Hydro Trenches, August 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of trenches dug by Whitby Hydro at the northeast corner of Brock Street and Dundas Street. In this view a man is in the right trench and there is a man standing on the sidewalk.
- Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
- August 1939
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8798937264374 Longitude: -78.94188222229
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Hydro Trenches, August 1939, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_048D.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.