Bobbie Henstock, 1936
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white negative of a Bobbie Henstock sitting in a highchair holding a teddy bear.
- This photograph appeared in The Evening Telegraph on March 24, 1936.
Bobbie Henstock is the son of Mr. and Mrs. T.E. Henstock of Whitby, Ontario.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Henstock, Bobbie
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8792131934788 Longitude: -78.9421397143554
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Marjorie Ruddy
- Recommended Citation
- Bobbie Henstock, 1936, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_016B.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.