Siren at the Brooklin Fire Hall, June 2006
- Carl Ferencz, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photograph of the siren at Fire Hall No. 1 in Brooklin.
- In 1857 the Town of Whitby had its first fire brigade and hook & ladder company entirely made up of volunteers as a result of a by-law passed by the Town Council. In 1879 the fire truck was housed at the Town Hall building (Brock and Colborne Streets). It was not until 1969 that the Town of Whitby hired its first full-time employee, Fire Chief Ed Crouch. The following year the Town hired the first five fire fighters thus ending 120 years of volunteer service. The Whitby Fire and Emergency Services now consists of five fire halls and 115 staff members.
- Date of Original
- June 2006
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ferencz, Carl
- Corporate Name(s)
- Whitby Fire Department ; Town of Whitby
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.9574729493481 Longitude: -78.9624875186157
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation
- Siren at the Brooklin Fire Hall, June 2006, Carl Ferencz. Whitby Archives A2013_019_003A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.