John Allingham Watson House, 1621 Brock Street South, c.2006
- Carl Ferencz, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photograph of 1621 Brock Street South.
- Located at 1621 Brock Street South, this house was built in 1858 as a hotel by Thomas Bredin. From 1874 to 1973 it was owned by John Allingham Watson and his descendants. The basement is made of Kingston limestone, brought to Whitby in sailing vessels. This house was demolished in July, 2016.
- Date of Original
Width: 1.5 in
Height: 1.5 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Ferencz, Carl ; Watson, John Allingham
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8599608406953 Longitude: -78.9334278994751
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation
- John Allingham Watson House, 1621 Brock Street South, c.2006, Carl Ferencz. Whitby Archives A2013_013_015A.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from a black and white negative.