55 & 57 Baldwin Street, April 11, 1966
- Brian Winter, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white photograph of 55 Baldwin Street (on the right) and 57 Baldwin (on the left).
- The building at 55 Baldwin Street is located on part of lot 53, Campbell and Way Plan, east side of Baldwin Street and was built circa 1860. From 1888 until 1928 it operated as Donald Walter MacDonald's store and post office.
The building at 57 Baldwin Street was built in 1855 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church on Winchester Road East. It was moved after 1868 to 57 Baldwin Street and turned into Morley Ross's Store.
- Date of Original:
- 11 April 1966
Width: 2 in
Height: 2 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Winter, Brian ; MacDonald, David W. ; Ross, Morley
- Corporate Name(s):
- D.W. MacDonald Post Office ; Dudley's Tack Shop
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation:
- 55 & 57 Baldwin Street, April 11, 1966, Brian Winter. Whitby Archives A2013_004_274.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a brownie camera negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address