Ontario Ladies' College, c. 1903
- Warwick Bro's & Rutter, Limited, Printer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A colour postcard of the front of Ontario Ladies College. There are people playing croquet on the front lawn.
- Trafalgar Castle was built for Nelson Gilbert Reynolds (1814-1881), Sheriff of Ontario County from 1852 to 1881. The Sheriff lived in Trafalgar Castle from 1862 until 1874 when he sold the building to the Methodist Church of Canada for use as a ladies college. The college was officially opened on September 3, 1874, by Lord Dufferin, Governor-General of Canada.
Bottom Left: ONTARIO LADIES COLLEGE Published for The Allin Bookstore 1660
Bottom right: WHITBY, ONT.
Left side: Sept. 30
Right Side: Mr. Lou Dearborn Oshawa Ont.
- Date of Original:
Width: 5.5 in
Height: 3.5 in
- Corporate Name(s):
- Ontario Ladies' College ; Warwick Bro's & Rutter, Limited
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Copyright Date:
- Recommended Citation:
- Ontario Ladies' College, c. 1903, Warwick Bro's & Rutter, Limited. Whitby Archives P2013_001_003.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from original postcard.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address