Methodist Fresh Air Home, c. 1918
- Creator Unknown
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Recto of a black and white postcard of the Methodist Deaconess Home.
- The Deaconesses of the Methodist Church in Toronto opened a Fresh Air Home at Heydenshore Park in July 1902 for underprivileged children from Toronto's poorest districts. The home operated until approximately 1932 when it was closed and demolished, a victim of the Great Depression. Funding was provided in part by the Toronto Daily Star Fresh Air Fund.
- Recto of postcard:
Methodist Deaconess Fresh Air Home Heydnshore Park Whitby Ont.
Verso of postcard:
Left side: The weather is fine here & am having a nice time Hilda
Right side: Mrs. G. F. Heathfield 58 Hounslow Heath Rd. Toronto
- Date of Original:
Width: 5.5 in
Height: 3.5 in
- Corporate Name(s):
- Heydenshore Park
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Recommended Citation:
- Methodist Fresh Air Home, c. 1918, Creator Unknown. Whitby Archives P2013_001_001A.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from original postcard.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address