W.J. Luke Car Lot
- Mystery Question:
Can you help us to identify any of the people in this image?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white photograph of W.J. Luke's bicycle shop. This picture shows the shop and garage with 16 Ford cars in front of it. The people in the photograph from left to right are: W.J. Luke, unidentified person, unidentified person, unidentified person, John Sawdon, unidentified person, unidentified person, unidentified person, unidentified person, unidentified person, John Lynde.
- W.J. Luke's bicycle shop was located at 301 Dundas Street West, on the southwest corner of Dundas and Centre Streets from 1901 to 1914. In 1915, the frame building was replaced by a brick garage. Mr. Luke became Whitby's first Ford car dealer in 1913.
- Signs on buildings from left to right "W.J. LUKE"; "W.J. LUKE REPAIR SHOP"; "BICYCLES AND REPAIR"
- Date of Original:
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 6cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian copyright law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- W.J. Luke Car Lot, 1913, Photographer Unknown. Whitby Archives 01-000-049.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address