500 Victoria Street West, April 1976
- Brian Winter, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A black and white photograph of 500 Victoria Street West.
- Iroquois Park Sports Centre was first proposed in July 1971 as a massive sports complex, to be financed by a nation-wide lottery. A smaller version was built in 1973/74 after the lottery failed to get Provincial approval, and Whitby's Community Arena was condemned in 1972 when it did not meet new Provincial standards. A 1,500 seat arena was opened in the spring of 1974 and an indoor swimming pool in November 1975. Iroquois Park grew over the years to become Canada's largest municipally-owned sports and recreation complex.
- Date of Original
- April 1976
Width: 1 in
Height: 1 in
- Personal Name(s)
- Winter, Brian
- Corporate Name(s)
- Iroquois Park Sports Centre ; Town of Whitby ; Whitby Community Arena
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8609510240407 Longitude: -78.9427405291748
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Whitby Archives
- Recommended Citation
- 500 Victoria Street West, April 1976, Brian Winter. Whitby Archives A2013_004_016D.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from black and white negative.