Childrens Party (Image 1 of 2), 1946
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify any of the people in this image?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina, 1908-1980, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- An image of children dressed up. Some of the children have crosses drawn on their foreheads. There are 11 boys in the back and four girls in the front of the picture. There is a dog in the lap of one of the girls and a teddy bear is being held by another of the girls.
- The children in this photo have a cross marked on their foreheads. This may be because it is traditional custom in the catholic religion to have an ashen cross marked on one's forehead at the beginning of Lent (40 days before Good Friday).
- Envelope: No. H-1 / Name Holliday / Order Children's party / Remarks Fri. Nov. 1/46
- Date of Original:
- 1 November 1946
Width: 8 cm
Height: 10.5 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 8cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Marjorie Ruddy
- Recommended Citation:
- Childrens Party (Image 1 of 2), 1946, Marjorie Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_1056.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address