William J. Anderson Company, October 17, 1947
- Mystery Question:
Can you identify these women?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Marjorie G. Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white negative showing a group of female employees assembling boxes in the William J. Anderson Company at 600 Euclid Street. The women are seated at tables.
- The William J. Anderson Company moved from Toronto to Whitby in 1946 and began operations in 1947. The factory mainly produced jewellery boxes. George Anderson, son of William J. Anderson, sold the company in 1976 and by 1979 the factory was closed.
- Envelope: A12 Wm. J. Anderson Co. Whitby for Times-Gazette Oct. 17/47 (October 17, 1947) 4 views (5)
- Date of Original:
- 17 October 1947
- Date Of Event:
Width: 5 in
Height: 3 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Ruddy, Marjorie ; Anderson, William J.
- Corporate Name(s):
- William J. Anderson Company
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- William J. Anderson Company, October 17, 1947, Marjorie G. Ruddy. Whitby Archives A2013_040_452.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from a black and white large format negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address