Warner Woodruff Lynde, February 13, 1968
- Oshawa Times, 13 February 1968
- The Oshawa Times, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white photograph of Warner Woodruff Lynde playing the fiddle for Fairview Lodge Nurse's Aide Mrs. Donald Cawker.
- Warner Woodruff Lynde (1869-1969) was born in Whitby Township on February 14, 1869 and lived in the Brooklin-Ashburn area all his life. He was a farmer, who retired in 1948 after farming for 60 years. He was an accomplished fiddle player and was still playing music at the age of 99. Mr. Lynde moved to Fairview Lodge, Whitby, from his home on the seventh concession of Whitby Township, in January 1968 and died there on May 2, 1969, at the age of 100 years.
In this picture, he is playing "The Soldier's Joy" on the fiddle for Fairview Lodge's Nurse's Aide Mrs. Donald Cawker, one day before his 99th birthday.
- Date of Original:
- 13 February 1968
Width: 8 in
Height: 10 in
- Personal Name(s):
- Lynde, Warner Woodruff ; Cawker, Mrs. Donald
- Corporate Name(s):
- The Oshawa Times ; Fairview Lodge
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- The Oshawa Times
- Recommended Citation:
- Warner Woodruff Lynde, February 13, 1968. The Oshawa Times. Whitby Archives 31-009-623.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from original photograph
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address