Marion O'Donnell (nee Irwin), ca.1970
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white portrait photograph of Marion O'Donnell.
- Marion O'Donnell (nee Irwin) was born at Oshawa on 23 August 1927. She graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Toronto.
O'Donnell served on the Ontario County Board of Education and the Durham Region Board of Education from 1969-1976. She was a founder of the Durham District Health Council in 1977, chariwoman of the planning and priorities advisory committee of the Whitby Psychiatric Hospital, and member of the Oshawa General Hospital Board starting in 1977 and became its first chairwoman in 1983-1985. O'Donnell was a member Durham House, Oshawa-Whitby Social Planning Council, Oshawa YWCA personnel committee, and the Oshawa Distress Centre. She was also chairwoman of the Oshawa Parkwood Foundation. The Oshawa YWCA named her a Woman of Distinction in 1982.
She married WIlliam Henry O'Donnel in 1857 and he died in 1968. Marion died at Oshawa on 10 Octobe2 2012 and is buried at Salem Cemetery in Kinsale.
- Date of Original
Width: 8 in
Height: 10 in
- Personal Name(s)
- O'Donnell ; Irwin
- Local identifier
- Carl Mantz fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.88342 Longitude: -78.93287
- Douglas Mantz
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- Marion O'Donnell (nee Irwin), ca.1970, unknown photographer. Whitby Archives 31-009-614
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from photographic print.