Steam Train at Whitby Junction Station, 1962
- Leonard Beckley, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white negative showing the last steam train on the Canadian National Railway just passing the Whitby Junction Station, which is visible in the background at right.
- The Whitby Junction Station was built at the foot of Byron Street on the Grand Trunk Railway in 1903 near the current GO Transit platform.
The station closed in 1969 and in 1970 it was moved to the north-east corner of Victoria and Henry Streets for use as an art gallery. In 2004 the Station Gallery was moved across the road to Whitby Iroquois Park.
- Date of Original:
- Ma y 1962
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Leonard Beckley
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation:
- Steam Train at Whitby Junction Station, 1962, Leonard Beckley, Whitby Archives, 14-001-034.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address