1615 Brock Street South, Castle Fox House (former Port Whitby Post Office), 2006
- Carl Ferencz, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative showing the building that was the Port Whitby Post Office from 1894 to 1913 when the Goldring Store took over postal duties. This building is located at 1615 Brock St. S.
The house was demolished in July, 2016.
- This brick house was built about 1841 for Port Whitby brewer Abner Nash.
- Date of Original
- March 2006
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.853888 Longitude: -78.936111
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- 1615 Brock Street South, Castle Fox House (former Port Whitby Post Office), 2006, Carl Ferencz, Whitby Archives, 11-001-155.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.