Bruce Corner, c.1953
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative showing Fire Chief Bruce Corner in front of his residence at 117 Gilbert Street West.
- Bruce Corner was born at Brooklin on 22 February 1906. He worked at the Samuel Trees Blanket Factory, the Natlie Knitting Mills, and as maintenance staff at Ontario Hospital.
In May 1940, Corner joined the Whitby Volunteer Fire Department. He was appointed Fire Chief on 1 September 1949 and was still in office when he died on 10 March 1967.
A flagpole and memorial plaque were erected in his honour in front of the fire hall on Brock St. S. on 19 November 1967. Corner is buried in Mount Lawn Cemetery.
- Date of Original
Width: 2.5 cm
Height: 3.5 cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Corner, Bruce
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8760424260864 Longitude: -78.9437490397644
- Jim Corner
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- Bruce Corner, c.1953, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 08-005-061.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.