Garrard Road Fire Department, 1955
- Lloyd Robertson, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative showing members of the Garrard Road Fire Department in front of the fire hall which is under construction. They are standing with 1934 Reo truck from the old Whitby Township Fire Department at Brooklin.
Back row: Jim Watson, Len Carrington, Harold Bryan, Ken Brown.
Front row: Don Ellison, Bud Bragg, George Allan.
- Between 1955-1956, a group of volunteers built a fire hall at the southeast corner of Garrard and Forrest Roads. In 1965, it was replaced by a new station at the northeast corner of Thickson and Manning Roads and the original building was demolished in 1966.
- Date of Original
- September 1955
Width: 13 cm
Height: 10 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.899734031004 Longitude: -78.9078718119812
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- Garrard Road Fire Department, 1955, Lloyd Robertson, Whitby Archives, 08-005-029.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.