Garrard Road Fire Department Ladder Drill, 1959
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative showing the members of the Garrard Road Fire Department preparing for a ladder drill at the fire hall.
Left to right: Don Ellison, George Allan, Glen Blair, Jim Watson, Stephen Bragg, Ray Hobbs (at far right).
- Between 1955-1956, a group of volunteers built a fire hall at the southeast corner of Garrard and Forrest Roads. In 1965, it was replaced by a new station at the northeast corner of Thickson and Manning Roads and the original building was demolished in 1966.
- Date of Original
Width: 13 cm
Height: 10 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.899734031004 Longitude: -78.9078718119812
- Jim Watson
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- Garrard Road Fire Department, 1959, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 08-005-025.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.