Garrard Road Fire Department Ladder Drill, 1959
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white negative showing the members of the Garrard Road Fire Department participating in a ladder drill at the fire hall.
Left to right: Harry Knox, Len Carrington, Ross Blair, Jim Watson, George Allan, Monty Solway (on ladder), Glen Blair, Dick Schad, Lloyd Butler.
- Between 1955-1956, a group of volunteers built a fire hall at the southeast corner of Garrard and Forrest Roads. In 1965, it was replaced by a new station at the northeast corner of Thickson and Manning Roads and the original building was demolished in 1966.
- Date of Original:
Width: 13 cm
Height: 10 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Jim Watson
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation:
- Garrard Road Fire Department, 1959, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 08-005-024.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address