Garrard Road Fire Department, 1967
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white negative showing the members of the Garrard Road Fire Department in front of the new fire hall at Thickson and Manning Roads.
Back row: Bill Gardiner, Bob Sonley, Ed Sobanski, Art Armstrong, Butch Atkinson, Vic Sheffield, Bob Lyons, Tom Holly, John Goodwin, John Kozak.
Centre row: Glen Blair, Sid Mummery, Art Wilson, John Plowright, Don Ferguson, Frank Mayer, Ron Jones, Jim Watson, Pat Winacott, Bob Ashmore.
Front row: Harry Knox, Don Ellison, George Allan, Harold Bryan, Bob Johnston, Ken Brown, Alex McDonald.
- Between 1955-1956, a group of volunteers built a fire hall at the southeast corner of Garrard and Forrest Roads. In 1965, it was replaced by a new station at the northeast corner of Thickson and Manning Roads and the original building was demolished in 1966.
- Date of Original:
Width: 13 cm
Height: 10 cm
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage:
- Whitby Fire Department
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation:
- Garrard Road Fire Department, 1967, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 08-005-022.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address