Dundas Street School, c.1965
- Bill Stannett, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative showing Dundas Street School.
- Dundas Street School, also known as the model school, was built in 1875 on the north side of Dundas Street west of Garden Street. It was demolished in the early 1960s but additions from the 1950s became Florence Heard Public School in 1974.
The left part of the building was built in 1875/76 and 1922, and was demolished in 1967. The right half of the building was built in 1956 and demolished in Sept/Oct 2017.
- Date of Original
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8825539170575 Longitude: -78.933599560852
- Florence Heard Public School 100 Garden Street
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- Dundas Street School, c.1965, Bill Stannett, Whitby Archives, 10-007-024.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.