Colborne Street School, c.1955
- Leonard Beckley, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative showing Colborne Senior Public School from the front.
- This building was originally the Whitby Collegiate Institute. It was located on the south side of Colborne Street between Centre and King Streets. The school was built in 1873, remodeled in 1915, and demolished in 1975-76.
The building served as the Collegiate Institute from 1880-1911 and as Whitby High School from 1911-1954. After Henry Street High School was built in 1954, this school was used as a Senior Public School for grades 7 and 8.
- Date of Original
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8778366371408 Longitude: -78.944757550354
- Leonard Beckley
- Copyright Statement
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation
- Colborne Street School, c.1955, Leonard Beckley, Whitby Archives, 10-001-104.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.