Neigbourhood Boys, 1936
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white negative showing an unidentified boy cutting a path for water to escape through the snow at the corner of Mary and Perry Streets. The three boys standing watching are Benny Lynde, Neil McCarl and Terry Lynde.
- The house in the background at left was the residence of Ross Johnston, 153 Perry Street.
This photograph was published in The Evening Telegraph on March 16th, 1936.
Marjorie Georgina Ruddy (1908-1980) was a prominent Whitby photographer and the only commercial photographer in Whitby during the 1930s and 1940s. Marjorie was the official photographer for the Whitby Police Department starting in the 1930s and as a result took many photographs of car accidents, fingerprints and crime scenes. (Station Gallery. Whitby Through the Lens Photographs by Marjorie G. Ruddy, 1935-1948. Whitby: Station Gallery, 2010.)
- Date of Original
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Ruddy, Marjorie Georgina ; Lynde, Benny ; McCarl, Neil ; Lynde, Terry.
- Corporate Name(s)
- The Evening Telegraph
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8818734144842 Longitude: -78.940981000061
- Recommended Citation
- Neighbourhood Boys, 1936, Marjorie Ruddy, Whitby Archives, 16-000-052.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from original negative.