Whitby United Church Organist, 1939
- Marjorie Ruddy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative showing the Whitby United Church Organist, Kathleen Rowe, sitting at the Hammond Organ. The woodwork in the church was remodelled after 1939.
- The organ was purchased by the Whitby United Church to replace the organ that was used for 60 years. Mrs. Rowe was the organist and choir leader of the church.
The Methodist Tabernacle was built in 1875-76 at the south-east corner of Centre and Colborne Streets. It became the Whitby United Church in 1925 and St. Mark's United Church in 1962. On April 1, 1929, a storm blew down the church steeple. The steeple fell onto Colborne Street.
- Date of Original
- September 1939
Width: 3.5 cm
Height: 2.5 cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Rowe, Kathleen
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8780067750399 Longitude: -78.9439207011414
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby United Church Organist, 1939, Marjorie Ruddy, Whitby Archives, 09-004-059.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.