Whitby District High School Chimney Construction, 1953
- Mrs. Tutt, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photograph showing the chimney for the Whitby District High School during the construction of the school. Lucille Tutt, David Tutt, and Donald Tutt (principal) can be seen sitting near the chimney.
- The Whitby District High School (Henry Street High School) was built between 1953 and 1954. It was officially opened by Dr. C.F. Cannon, Deputy Minister of Education, on 5 November 1954. The chimney was built before the rest of the school was constructed.
- Date of Original:
- 18 October 1953
Width: 8 in
Height: 10 in
- Local identifier:
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Copyright Statement:
- This item is protected by the Canadian Copyright Act and is intended for one-time use only. Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). It is your responsibility for obtaining these permissions.
- Recommended Citation:
- Whitby District High School Chimney, 1953, Mrs. Tutt, Whitby Archives. 10-002-003.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from original photograph.
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address