Whitby Lawn Bowling and Tennis Club. c.1932
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white negative showing the Whitby Lawn Bowling and Tennis Club. The clubhouse at left was made from an old building moved from Centennial Park in 1931.
- In 1927 the Whitby Bowling and Tennis Club was formed and acquired the property bounded by Brock, Burns, Green, and Pitt Streets. A clubhouse was built on the site in 1931. The property was eventually acquired by the Rotary Club in 1943 and sold to Ontario Housing Corporation in 1973 for the construction of an apartment for seniors. The clubhouse was also demolished in that year.
- Date of Original
Width: 2.5 px
Height: 1.5 px
- Local identifier
- Whitby Online Historic Photographs Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8722372824952 Longitude: -78.9381485873413
- Recommended Citation
- Whitby Lawn Bowling and Tennis Club, c.1932, unknown photographer, Whitby Archives, 21-001-007.
- Reproduction Notes
- Scanned from copy negative.