Globe Furniture Company Catalogues, Waterloo, Ontario
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Catalogue advertising church furniture and decor including altars and tabernacles, baptismal fonts, pews, bishop and clergy chairs, confessionals, chancel and sanctuary furnishings, prayer desks, crosses and candle holders, crucifixes, shrines, vestment cases, entrance doors, wood carvings and statues, wall panellings, organ screens, auditorium and hall seating, desks and credenzas.
- The Globe Furniture Company was moved to Waterloo in 1910 after 21 years of successful business in Walkerville, Ontario. Edward F. Seagram, Aloyes Bauer and John Letter found a location on the west side of Shantz Street (later Canbar Avenue, no longer exists) suitable for the expanding business. The company manufactured church and school furniture, including school desks and complete science equipment. It was particularly famous for its artistic wood carvings which were exported all over the world. The company declared bankruptcy in 1968 and the buildings were demolished in 2000.
See Detail photograph for promotional material.
A letter from 1965 indicated that this catalog was enclosed with the correspondence. This information allows us to date this catalog.
- Date of Original:
- March 1965
Width: 20 cm
Height: 25 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 20cm
Image Height: 25cm
- Local identifier:
- GFC Catalogues 5
- Globe Furniture Company collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Waterloo Public Library
Agency street/mail address
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2