Waterloo Fire Department
- Denton Photographers, Kitchener, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Group portrait of members of the Waterloo Fire Department posing on Albert Street at Erb Street. Truck on the left is a 1925 Godfredson ladder truck. In background at 23 Erb Street West can be seen Massey-Harris Company Limited, dealer of agricultural machinery, and A. Schefter, Blacksmith. Note the street lamps, town (later city) hall in the background and fire hall and farmer's market building in the background at right.
Left to right: Chief George Karges; Louis Kessig; Wilfrid (Peewee) Simpson; Oscar Eckensviller; Mel Rutsch; Assistant Chief George Illerbrun; Walter Waurechen; Milton Riepert; Ted Lauckenbauer; Oliver Karges; C.H. Herter; Edgar Schmidt; John Simpson; Albert Pagel; Fred Maahs; Sam Miller; Schaefer; George Gerhardt; Herman Pagel.
- See Detail photographs for closer view of the image.
- Date of Original
- June 1931
- Date Of Event
- June 1931
Width: 68 cm
Height: 17 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 68cm
Image Height: 17cm
- Fire engines & equipment
Karges, George A
Schaefer Family (Waterloo, Ont.)
Waterloo Fire Department (Waterloo, Ont.)
Waterloo City Hall (Waterloo, Ont.)
Karges, Oliver H.
23 Erb Street West (Waterloo, Ont.)
Massey-Harris Company Limited (Waterloo, Ont.)
City Hall (Waterloo, Ont.)
Waterloo Farmers' Market (Waterloo, Ont.)
Schefter, Alfred H.
- Local identifier
- K-5 Oversize
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.465535 Longitude: -80.523691
- Copyright Statement
- Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2