Abraham Buehler was trained in the blacksmith trade. About 1850, he purchased land on Erb Street East and erected a small foundry, where he manufactured small agricultural implements. Business kept growing and c.1856 with partner Phily Fischer he constructed a second building. Finally the Foundry was sold to Absalom Merner and eventually it became part of the Waterloo Manufacturing Company. Buehler was interested in music and in 1861 he helped form the German Turner's Society. It was mainly concerned with the practice of gymnastics activities and choir singing. He became the first president.
J. E. Seagram Biography, Seagram Collection, City of Waterloo
Waterloo LACAC files "Buehler Foundry", City of Waterloo
Marg Howell et. al. Welcome to Waterloo