Cornet Players at Waterloo Band Festival
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Class of 24 cornet players at the Waterloo Band Festival.
First person in the front row, from the left: Bob Anderson
Second person in the front row, from the left: David Parkes
Both boys listed were from Caledonia, Ont.
- The Waterloo Band Festival was organized by Charles F. Thiele in 1932 in celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the Waterloo Musical Society. The festival became an annual event at Waterloo Park from 1932 to 1940 and again from 1946 to 1958, known as Canada's premiere band festival. At times 70 bands from Ontario, Quebec, Wisconsin, Michigan, and (one year) Kamloops, BC, appeared in concerts and parades, and over the years more than 1000 contestants participated in 100 instrumental competitions
- Written on reverse: "1955".
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
Width: 22 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 22cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Personal Name(s)
- Parkes, David ; Anderson, Bob
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.468089 Longitude: -80.528905
- Copyright Statement
- Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2