Waterloo Fire Hall and Market Building
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Postcard with a view of the fire hall and the farmers' market buildings on Albert Street north of Erb Street. Note the bell tower on the fire hall, telephone poles, and a portion of the first town (later city) hall on extreme left.
- The fire hall was built circa 1870 and demolished in 1966.
The farmers' market building was built circa 1910 and demolished in 1965 to make room for the current library building. A farmers' market had operated in the area since 1867, operating in the basement of the first town hall building since 1874.
See reverse for correspondence and 1927 postmark.
- Printed at top; "Fire Hall and Market Building, Waterloo, Ont., Canada".
- J. Herb Smith, Waterloo, Ont., Canada
- Date of Original
- Date Of Event
Width: 13 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Local identifier
- PC48 & Local History Slide Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.466205 Longitude: -80.524592
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Waterloo Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
35 Albert Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 5E2