Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
30
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • The Wilson House, Old Bronte Road, Palermo
    Image       Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now Old Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario. Their house was built by Wilma's father, Ernest Henderson, who was a building contractor by ...
    Image     Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now ...
  • Mrs. Ernest Henderson, Life Membership Certificate, Palermo Women's Institute, 1953
    ImageText       Ontario Women's Institute ; Life Membership Certificate ; This is to certify that Mrs. Ernest Henderson has been granted Life Membership in the Palermo Women's Institute. This certificate has been granted in recognition of much appreciated service. Date: May 25, 1953. This life membership is transferable to any Women's Institute ...
    ImageText     Ontario Women's Institute ; Life Membership Certificate ; This is to certify that Mrs. Ernest Henderson has been granted Life Membership in the Palermo Women's Institute. This certificate has been ...
  • Family of Harry and Wilma Wilson, ca1956
    Image       Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now Old Bronte Road. Their house was built by Wilma's father, Ernest and his brother Harry Henderson. Ernest was a building ...
    Image     Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now ...
  • Amy Merry, Gladys Speers, Dorothy Irwin
    Image       A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s and 1960s. This photograph was taken at the 25th wedding anniversary dinner for Ken and Ella Giles in 1950. There are 3 other photographs taken at this time by Mr. Lawrence, now in the TTHS ...
    Image     A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s and 1960s. This photograph was taken at the 25th wedding anniversary dinner for Ken and ...
  • Ken and Ella Giles, 25th Wedding Anniversary Dinner
    Image       Ken and Ella Giles at their 25th wedding anniversary dinner. They married in June 1928. A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s and 1960s. It is one of 3 others in the TTHS internet collection taken by Mr. Lawrence that night. The ...
    Image     Ken and Ella Giles at their 25th wedding anniversary dinner. They married in June 1928. A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s ...
  • Palermo Women's Institute
    Image       Ethel Wettlaufer is at the bottom left. The lady on Ethel’s left is Gwen Lister. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo public school, 1940's-1950's. She married Eckhardt Reiner Elton Wettlaufer in 1924. Book III, page 66 of the Nelson Women's Institute Tweedsmuir History has a handwritten history of the Palermo ...
    Image     Ethel Wettlaufer is at the bottom left. The lady on Ethel’s left is Gwen Lister. Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo public school, 1940's-1950's. She married Eckhardt Reiner Elton Wettlaufer ...
  • Probate of Last Will and Testament of James Hopper, Trafalgar, 1854
    ImageText       The two page probate of the last will and testament of James Hopper, Trafalgar, 1854 with the first record image being the mailing envelope. As per the envelope, it was mailed to Mr. Jonathan Book, Palermo P.O. C.W. It was mailed at Hamilton in 1854. (C.W. stood for "Canada West".) ...
    ImageText     The two page probate of the last will and testament of James Hopper, Trafalgar, 1854 with the first record image being the mailing envelope. As per the envelope, it was ...
  • Palermo Hall Receipts and Expenditures
    ImageTextcomment       There is no indication of the year for this Palermo Hall statement of Receipts and Expenditures but looking through the expenditures for brick, roofing, timber, cement, window blinds, metal roofing, furnace, and seeing the list of individual donors and proceeds receipts, perhaps it is for the construction of the Hall ...
    ImageTextcomment     There is no indication of the year for this Palermo Hall statement of Receipts and Expenditures but looking through the expenditures for brick, roofing, timber, cement, window blinds, metal roofing, ...
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
    Imagecomment       This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
    Imagecomment     This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), ...
  • Special Report of Palermo Sidewalk Commmissioners for 1910
    Image       Handwritten on the cover in pencil: Miss Book. Handwritten in ink on page 3 entitled "Cash Subscribed" after the donor identified as "A Friend" is the name, "Dr. Book".
    Image     Handwritten on the cover in pencil: Miss Book. Handwritten in ink on page 3 entitled "Cash Subscribed" after the donor identified as "A Friend" is the name, "Dr. Book".
  • Shillum Dairy Farm, 1950's
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. They named their property Rosemar Farms. This photograph shows an old Department of Highways truck that was adapted for ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
  • Shillum Dairy Farm, Wayne and Brian Shillum with Bill and Mrs. Taylor
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. There, on "Rosemar Farms", they raised their three boys, Bob, Wayne and Brian. Robert Sr. was a sales representative ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
  • Brian Shillum, Mrs. Taylor and Wayne Shillum, Early 1950's
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. There, on Rosemar Farms, they raised their three boys, Bob, Wayne and Brian. Robert Sr. was a sales representative ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
  • Well Digging, Shillum Farm, 1953
    Image       Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, citation in the notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. ...
    Image     Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, citation in the notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on ...
  • S.S.#2 Palermo Public School, 1875-1942
    Image       In modern terms, the one-room Palermo schoolhouse is located at 2431 Dundas Street West. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school may have been on the same property as the ones built in 1842, ...
    Image     In modern terms, the one-room Palermo schoolhouse is located at 2431 Dundas Street West. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public ...
  • Palermo Women's Institute 1948-1949 Programme
    Image       The title page is reproduced here, the other pages have been OCR'd so a database search will retrieve your searchwords and pull up the record. PALERMO WOMEN'S INSTITUTE PROGRAMME 1948 1949 MEETINGS - Last Thursday of Each Month at 2.00 P. M. "Hostess, Please Provide Music." Handwritten in pencil, "Mrs. ...
    Image     The title page is reproduced here, the other pages have been OCR'd so a database search will retrieve your searchwords and pull up the record. PALERMO WOMEN'S INSTITUTE PROGRAMME 1948 ...
  • Ethel Wettlaufer On The Steps Of The Palermo School.
    Imagecomment       Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, during the 1940s and 1950s. Ethel Wettlaufer was born and raised in Merton, which was near what is now the Queen Elizabeth Way and Bronte Road. As a young lady, she attended Normal School (teacher’s college) in ...
    Imagecomment     Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, during the 1940s and 1950s. Ethel Wettlaufer was born and raised in Merton, which was near what ...
  • Harvey Morris Switzer, Postmaster, Magistrate, Commissioner Paymaster of the 20th Halton Rifles
    Imagecomment       Mr. Switzer is holding a pamphlet titled "Boston Maine...", possibly reflecting a connection with the Boston Maine Railroad owned by the Boston and Maine Corporation, chartered in New Hampshire in 1839 according to Wikipedia.
    Imagecomment     Mr. Switzer is holding a pamphlet titled "Boston Maine...", possibly reflecting a connection with the Boston Maine Railroad owned by the Boston and Maine Corporation, chartered in New Hampshire in ...
  • 1958 Palermo Public School Graduating Class
    Image       Back row, starting on left: Bruce Galbraith, Marilyn Woodley, Betty Lawrence (in polka dot shirt), Mary Lou and Maryanne Meridith, Denise Ryan (in black sweater), ?, Cornelius, ? Front row: Gerry ?, Wayne Shillum, Eddie Fox, Keith Baldwin, Murray Ballock, (possibly) Aslak Henrikson. The teacher is Principal Charlie Matheson. These ...
    Image     Back row, starting on left: Bruce Galbraith, Marilyn Woodley, Betty Lawrence (in polka dot shirt), Mary Lou and Maryanne Meridith, Denise Ryan (in black sweater), ?, Cornelius, ? Front row: ...
  • S.S. #2 Palermo School Children, 1951
    Image       This photo is courtesy of Wayne Shillum. Wayne moved to Palermo with his family in 1950. His parents bought the farm at 3133 Burnhamthorpe West and their two older boys, Wayne and his older brother Bob, started school in the fall of 1950. They went to the one-room schoolhouse in ...
    Image     This photo is courtesy of Wayne Shillum. Wayne moved to Palermo with his family in 1950. His parents bought the farm at 3133 Burnhamthorpe West and their two older boys, ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit