Trafalgar Township Historical Society Digital Collections

Results

We found
44
matching items
  • Mount Pleasant Methodist Cemetery, Merton, 1999
        A 1999 photograph of the cemetery of the old Methodist church in the vanished community of Merton in the former Trafalgar Township. At its height, the community of Merton had about 50 buildings including a school, a blacksmith shop, post office, sawmill, gristmill, coal merchant, hotel and stagecoach stop, railway ...
      A 1999 photograph of the cemetery of the old Methodist church in ...
  • Merton Public School, 1942-43
        In 1942-43, the school at Palermo was under construction. Children who normally would have gone to S.S. 2, Palermo, were sent to Merton school during the construction. Mildred Irene Jamieson, from Trail Farm in Palermo, was one of the children who "commuted" to Merton, she was about 10 years old ...
      In 1942-43, the school at Palermo was under construction. Children who normally ...
  • View of Bronte Creek from "Woodlands", 1242 Bronte Road, ca1935
        One of several photographs in the digital collection of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society taken by George S. Atkins, of the Bronte Creek valley below his house property at 1242 Bronte Road in about 1935. As per the Town of Oakville Heritage Structure Report, the first property owner "James White ...
      One of several photographs in the digital collection of the Trafalgar Township ...
  • The Old Middle Road Bridge with the New Queen Elizabeth Way Highway Over Bronte Creek
        If you look at the "Full" version of this photograph, you can see the Queen Elizabeth Way bridge spanning Twelve Mile Creek (Bronte Creek) near the upper right corner. The bridge in the foreground is the former roadway known as the "Middle Road" across the Creek. For the most part, ...
      If you look at the "Full" version of this photograph, you can ...
  • William Cyrus Inglehart and his wife, Eleanor McLaren.
        "Oakhurst" was built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. Their children were: Mary Alice (1854-1929) never married. Emily (1850–1919) never married. Alfred (1852–1940) married Mary Ellen Ford, widow of Leslie Switzer, 1929.
      "Oakhurst" was built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. Their ...
  • Merton School, S.S. #15 - pre 1930
        Miss Ruth Baldwin Inglehart, teacher. Marie Inglehart, second from left in second row and Edgar (Ike) Inglehart, third from right in second row. Both are children of Stanley Inglehart and Minnie Marie Vivian, and both are second cousins, once removed of the teacher. Merton school S.S.#15 was first a log ...
      Miss Ruth Baldwin Inglehart, teacher. Marie Inglehart, second from left in second ...
  • Painting of Merton School, S.S. #15
        Looks like the painting signature is Tolatter 1938
      Looks like the painting signature is Tolatter 1938
  • S.S. #15, Merton P.S., Undated
        Merton school was first a log building. A brick one, S.S.#15, was built in 1857 that was later demolished to make way for the Queen Elizabeth Way, and a third school was built in 1923 that closed in 1958 when the new Palermo Public School on Old Bronte Road was ...
      Merton school was first a log building. A brick one, S.S.#15, was ...
  • Merton School To Fall Victim of "Progress", Closed June 1958
        This is the written article from the full page clipping: "No Permanence Any More" Says Long-Time Resident. Another landmark of this area is soon to fall the victim of progress. Though the present Merton Public School building is only a replacement for the original building, its demolition to make way ...
      This is the written article from the full page clipping: "No Permanence ...
  • "Oakhurst", Inglehart House, 1470 Bronte Road
        Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo was built of lakestone. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus was at Con. (NDS) 2 Lot ...
      Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family ...
  • Alice Breckon with Wrinch Family Members
        Alice J. Breckon is seated in the centre of some of the brothers and sisters of her fiance, Horace. Mary Wrinch, who became an artist of some renown, is standing. Seated on the right of Alice is Marion Agnes Wrinch. Below her, seated cross-legged is Warwick; he became a businessman ...
      Alice J. Breckon is seated in the centre of some of the ...
  • Wedding Photograph of Alice Breckon and Horace Wrinch, 1900
        A photograph of Horace Wrinch and Alice Breckon on their wedding day, June 16, 1900. They married at the farm of Alice's brother, H.C. Breckon, at his farm in Merton, a former village in the Bronte area of Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. The farm was called "Spruce Lawn". The ...
      A photograph of Horace Wrinch and Alice Breckon on their wedding day, ...
  • Victoria Academy, Merton, 1896 (S.S. #15, Merton, Halton County)
        The back of this photograph is most interesting because someone has written all the names of the people in the photo and they have also written, "Attendants of Victoria Academy - 1896. Merton - County of Halton". This is the same building as S.S. #15, Merton, as evidenced in other ...
      The back of this photograph is most interesting because someone has written ...
  • 1242 Bronte Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
        Back of blue card: Province: Ont., Town: Oakville, House No. and Street - Concession and Lot: 1242 Bronte Road, Building Name: The Woodlands, Date Built: 1865 estimated, Date of Survey: Jan 4 - 72 Blue Card: 06177002201242 ; 060zy24 25
      Back of blue card: Province: Ont., Town: Oakville, House No. and Street ...
  • 1216 Bronte Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
        Coding on the front of the card: 06177002201216. Codes on the back of the index card (image #2) show that the province code is 061. The geo code is 770022. The CIHB code is 01216. Also on the card verso: the province is 06 and the negative code is 0zy1216
      Coding on the front of the card: 06177002201216. Codes on the back ...
  • 3266 South Service Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1971
        Front of index card: Province:06 Geocode:1770040 CIHB:03266 Province:06 Neg:00ZY16 NPC 464 (9-70) 7530-21-029-39838 Back of index card: 3266 Service Road South. Present owner: Mr. W.H. MacPherson. Estimated date built: 1850s. Date taken: Wed Dec 22 /71 06177004003266
      Front of index card: Province:06 Geocode:1770040 CIHB:03266 Province:06 Neg:00ZY16 NPC 464 (9-70) ...
  • 2363 North Service Road, Oakville, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
        Coding on the front of the card: 06177003802363. Province is 06, Negative is 0zy19. The house is identified as "2363" only on the clipboard. NPC 464(9-701)7530-21-029-3938 On the card verso: 06177003802363A. The address is written as 2363 Service Road North. Owner: A. Fumarti. Date built is estimated as 1855, Date ...
      Coding on the front of the card: 06177003802363. Province is 06, Negative ...
  • Herbert Inglehart
        Herbert Inglehart, B Nov 28, 1866. D 1959. Oldest son of William Cyrus Inglehart and Eleanor McLaren. He married Margaret Elvira Coverdale Apr. 10, 1900. He was born November 28, 1866,Palermo, Halton Co. Ontario, died September 03, 1959, St. Joseph's Hospital, Guelph, Ontario. He was always very proud of the ...
      Herbert Inglehart, B Nov 28, 1866. D 1959. Oldest son of William ...
  • Eleanor Lovina (Rose) Inglehart (1874–1954)
        Daughter of Wesley Rose of Stayner, Ontario, Second wife of Herbert Inglehart. Eleanor and Herbert had five daughters. The family lived at "Oakhurst", their farm on the southwest corner of Upper Middle Road and Bronte Road. The house had been built by Herbert's parents, William Cyrus and Eleanor (McLaren) in ...
      Daughter of Wesley Rose of Stayner, Ontario, Second wife of Herbert Inglehart. ...
  • Three Inglehart Cousins
        Jean Eleanor (1901-1958) and Ruth Baldwin Inglehart (1902-2003), daughters of Herbert and Margaret Elvira (Coverdale) Inglehart and their cousin, Cora Eleanor Victoria Inglehart (1900-1936), daughter of John Arthur and Mabel Clair (Jones) Inglehart. Ruth and Jean lived at "Oakhurst", the large family home on the west side of Bronte Road, ...
      Jean Eleanor (1901-1958) and Ruth Baldwin Inglehart (1902-2003), daughters of Herbert and ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1850s1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit