S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
- Ann Jane Brownridge, Artist
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented by The Devlin Family in 1966.
S.S. No. 14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School.
There was also a shed on the site which protected the well.
The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ice pushing up against the old school.
The road was often closed to cars in winter, open only in warm weather as it dipped down into the Creek and the road along the north cliffside is very steep. The road is now only for pedestrians and bicycles as new, safer routes are available.
- Date Of Event
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Devlin family
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton