The Biggar Family of Glenclare Farm
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Albert, Hettie, Wilbert Ethel & Kids is the label on this photo in the family album.
Albert and Hettie are on our right, slightly in behind Harold, Russell is tucked between Harold and Ethel, Lois is between her parents, and in front are twins Martha and Kathryn (who have been giggling and didn't want to pose judging by the grip of their parents.)
The family is on their farm called "Glenclare Farm" on Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar. This land had been settled by Albert's father, Michael L. Biggar and his wife, Belinda. It runs north from Burnhamthorpe Road on the east side of 6th Line.
- The twins look to be 4-6 years old so I have put the date time frame as about 1931-1933.
The surname spelling on their headstone is "Bigger" but the spelling "Biggar" has also been commonly used by the family.
- Personal Name(s):
- Michael Lafey Bigger, d.December 10, 1921, married Belinda (Cronkrite) Bigger, d.December 31, 1898. Their son, James William Bigger, d.December 10, 1921. Their son, Albert Anson Bigger, b.November 13, 1856, d.June 24, 1938 married Henrietta (called Hettie) Almira (Munn) Bigger, b.October 26, 1860, d. November 26, 1962. Hettie's parents were King Henry Munn and Ann Catherine Snider. Children of Hettie and Albert were: Clara A. Bigger, b.February 13, 1884, d.1978. William James, b.July 26, 1886. Wilbert Henry, b.May 6, 1887 d.June 13, 1960. Wilbert married Mary Ethel Conover, b.1888 d.1949. Wilbert and Mary Ethel's children were Harold C., 1917-2004, Clare O. Biggar, 1937-1945, Lois, 1919-1997, Russell and (twins) Martha and Kathryn, b. about 1927.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- The Biggar Family of Glenclare Farm
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton