Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
- Media Type
- Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County.
The small building on the right is the shed that protected the well.
The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek. There is quite a cliffside that the road had to traverse and there was a very sharp turn in the old road. The road was often closed to cars in winter, open only in warm weather. The road is now closed for good as new, safer routes are available.
See the other photograph in this record, a 2007 Google Earth satellite image which shows the extent of the road curve over the river. Changes to the land since 2007 no longer allow the Google satellite image to show this distinctive area.
- Ruth (McCann) Brownridge taught the school in the 1930's.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.48341 Longitude: -79.76633
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton