Lawrence, Jull Families of Sheridan, Trafalgar Township, Halton County
- Media Type
- Item Type
- In 1815, Orange Lawrence came from the United States. In 1823, Orange and his wife, Sarah, settled on a farm near Hammondsville, later renamed Sheridan, Lot 1, Con. 2, SDS, south of Dundas Street, Trafalgar Township. The farm remained in the possession of the family until 1977. In 1844, Orange and Sarah moved to found Orangeville. A link to information about Hammondsville/Sheridan by Heritage Mississauga is included in this record. This database has a number of other photographs and information about the Lawrence and Jull families.
- Please click on the MSWord document link on the right side of this page to open the pictoral text document.
This document includes photographs of Orange Lawrence and wife Sarah Angelica (House) Lawrence, of their house as it was in 1911 and another of a stone wall fronting the house which held a dated family plaque, of his sword, and of the 1913 brick house which replaced the original frame house.
There is a photograph of their eldest daughter, Mary Lawrence, who married Thomas Jull in 1839. They lived at Lot 5 Conc. 2, south of Dundas (now 9th Line south of Upper Middle Road). Photographs of Cyrus Lawrence, who farmed Lot 5, Conc. 1, south of Dundas Street, and his second wife, Mary Elizabeth (Hoover). (His first wife was Sarah Ann (King) who died at the age of 24.)
- Personal Name(s)
- Orange Lawrence, February 23, 1796-December 15, 1861. Sarah Angelica (House) Lawrence, March 3, 1805-April 7, 1879. Mary Lawrence, October 11, 1822-March 29, 1904, married Thomas Jull in 1839, b.February 17, 1817-November 19, 1896. Cyrus Lawrence, September 27, 1824-January 9, 1882. His first wife was Sarah Ann (King), 1829-June 3, 1854. He married Mary Elizabeth (Lizzie) (Hoover), May 17,1836-February 6, 1920.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.5011061400742 Longitude: -79.6579605175781
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- History of Orange Lawrence and Descendents in Sheridan, Trafalgar Township, Halton County
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton