Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
3029
matching items
Item type(s)
Photographs
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 100 Church St. S., 1980s
    Image       This photo gives a view of the house at 100 Church Street South. James Eaton purchased the property in 1863 and the house was built approximately one year later. Eaton was a local dry goods merchant. Alexander Belch, the founder of the St. Marys Argus newspaper, bought the house from ...
    Image     This photo gives a view of the house at 100 Church Street South. James Eaton purchased the property in 1863 and the house was built approximately one year later. Eaton ...
  • 100 Wellington Street North
    Image       Photo of a man standing outside of 100 Wellington Street North. There is snow on the ground and plenty of large evergreen trees in front of the home.
    Image     Photo of a man standing outside of 100 Wellington Street North. There is snow on the ground and plenty of large evergreen trees in front of the home.
  • 105 Water St. S., 1980s
    Image       This limestone one-storey house was built c. 1863 for Frances Sophia Hill. In later years, post-1940, it would become known as the home of Walter Cull and his family. The house looks much different today than when this photo was taken in the mid-1980s. A restoration project was completed on ...
    Image     This limestone one-storey house was built c. 1863 for Frances Sophia Hill. In later years, post-1940, it would become known as the home of Walter Cull and his family. The ...
  • 105 Water Street South
    Image       Photo of 105 Water Street South, a limestone cottage erected in 1863 for Mrs. Frances Sophia Hill.
    Image     Photo of 105 Water Street South, a limestone cottage erected in 1863 for Mrs. Frances Sophia Hill.
  • 106 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This one-storey limestone house was built in the 1870s by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. The house is known as one of Fanny Adam's four cottages. Fanny was married to John Adam, a local tavern keeper at the St. Marys Empire Hotel. After his passing in 1866, ...
    Image     This one-storey limestone house was built in the 1870s by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. The house is known as one of Fanny Adam's four cottages. Fanny ...
  • 106 Wellington Street North
    Image       This house is known as one of Fanny Adam’s four cottages built after her husband’s death. Fanny was a St. Marys resident married to John Adam, a tavern keeper of the St. Marys Empire Hotel. After her husband’s passing, she took over her husband’s role as proprietor of the hotel. ...
    Image     This house is known as one of Fanny Adam’s four cottages built after her husband’s death. Fanny was a St. Marys resident married to John Adam, a tavern keeper of ...
  • 106 Wellington Street North
    Image       See 0711ph_b for another view. Photo of 106 Wellington Street North. The front part of the home was erected around 1869 by Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. This house is also associated with local merchant Alexander Beattie.
    Image     See 0711ph_b for another view. Photo of 106 Wellington Street North. The front part of the home was erected around 1869 by Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. This house is ...
  • 106 Wellington Street North
    Image       See 0711ph_a for another view. Photo of 106 Wellington Street North. The front part of the home was erected around 1869 by Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. This house is also associated with local merchant Alexander Beattie.
    Image     See 0711ph_a for another view. Photo of 106 Wellington Street North. The front part of the home was erected around 1869 by Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. This house is ...
  • 107 Ontario Street North
    Image       This stone house was built for John Henry Clark, a retired farmer originating from the Rannoch area. In the 1870s, Clark built a house on the lot located at 108 Robinson Street. The structure seen in the photo was built behind that house, and originally used as a carriage-house with ...
    Image     This stone house was built for John Henry Clark, a retired farmer originating from the Rannoch area. In the 1870s, Clark built a house on the lot located at 108 ...
  • 108 Robinson St., 1980s
    Image       This photo provides a view of the house located at 108 Robinson Street. This house was built in 1870 for retired farmer John Henry Clark. It is believed to be a copy of his original residence in Blanshard Township. The yellow-brick cottage overlooks the Thames River. It provides examples of ...
    Image     This photo provides a view of the house located at 108 Robinson Street. This house was built in 1870 for retired farmer John Henry Clark. It is believed to be ...
  • 109 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John H. Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. The house was built for Mathieson by Robert Barbour, an architect responsible for the design and construction of many notable houses in St. Marys. Dr. ...
    Image     This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John H. Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. The house was built for ...
  • 109 Wellington Street North
    Image       This grand two-storey was built for Dr. John Hugh Mathieson in 1874. Mathieson lived in the home with his wife Mary, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. Dr. John H. Mathieson was a prominent member of the St. Marys community, known not only for his profession but ...
    Image     This grand two-storey was built for Dr. John Hugh Mathieson in 1874. Mathieson lived in the home with his wife Mary, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. ...
  • 109 Wellington Street North
    Image       Members. Mr. and Mrs. R. S. Box. Mr. and Mrs. A. Carman. Mr. and Mrs. Jas. Clark. Mr. anr Mrs. R. Dickson. Mr. and Mrs. L. Harstone. Mr. and Mrs. F. W. Hutton. Mr. and Mrs. Jno. Leslie. Mr. and Mrs. J. H. Mathieson. Mr. and Mrs. D. Maxwell. Mr. ...
    Image     Members. Mr. and Mrs. R. S. Box. Mr. and Mrs. A. Carman. Mr. and Mrs. Jas. Clark. Mr. anr Mrs. R. Dickson. Mr. and Mrs. L. Harstone. Mr. and Mrs. ...
  • 111 Water Street South
    Image       Photo of a home on 111 Water Street South. This house was erected in the 1850s.
    Image     Photo of a home on 111 Water Street South. This house was erected in the 1850s.
  • 111 Widder St. E., 1980s
    Image       This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 who lived on the property with his family. Allan would later add an addition to the house in 1856. In ...
    Image     This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 ...
  • 111 Widder Street East
    Image       Photo of a stone brick house found on 111 Widder Street East in St. Marys. This home was erected in 1850. Next door a stone wall is in view.
    Image     Photo of a stone brick house found on 111 Widder Street East in St. Marys. This home was erected in 1850. Next door a stone wall is in view.
  • 113 Queen St. E., 1980s
    Image       This is a photo of 113 Queen Street East in downtown St. Marys, taken in the early 1980s. This building is associated with grocer Fred W. Hutton. Hutton ran a grocery store out of this building. In 1904, Hutton commissioned builders Robert Clyde and Robert Barbour to replace the original ...
    Image     This is a photo of 113 Queen Street East in downtown St. Marys, taken in the early 1980s. This building is associated with grocer Fred W. Hutton. Hutton ran a ...
  • 114 Queen Street West
    Image       Photo of 114 Queen Street West which is located just across the street from the former Baptist Tabernacle (9 Robinson Street). It was erected in the 1860s for James McKay.
    Image     Photo of 114 Queen Street West which is located just across the street from the former Baptist Tabernacle (9 Robinson Street). It was erected in the 1860s for James McKay.
  • 121 Carrall St., 1980s
    Image       This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from Scotland in 1844. The house would later be occupied by several owners including Archibald McCallum, Michael Griffin and Philip Sydney ...
    Image     This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from ...
  • 121 Carrall St., 1980s
    Image       This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from Scotland in 1844. The house would later be occupied by several owners including Archibald McCallum, Michael Griffin and Philip Sydney ...
    Image     This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit