Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
3832
matching items
  • Interior of St. James Church
    Imagemystery       This is a photo of the interior of the St. James Anglican Church, looking towards the altar. On the left, there is a man wearing white robes. The St. James Anglican Church was built in 1857, and is the oldest church in St. Marys. The oldest portion of the church ...
    Imagemystery     This is a photo of the interior of the St. James Anglican Church, looking towards the altar. On the left, there is a man wearing white robes. The St. James ...
  • Eunice Cruttenden
    Image       Eunice Cruttenden 16 yrs. old 1854
    Image     Eunice Cruttenden 16 yrs. old 1854
  • Robert Fulton Barbour and four of his children
    Image       Photo of Robert Barbour (left) and four of his children. Barbour was a builder in St. Marys, with his name attributed to homes on Thomas Street and possibly even the St. Marys Museum`s building (the Tracy House).
    Image     Photo of Robert Barbour (left) and four of his children. Barbour was a builder in St. Marys, with his name attributed to homes on Thomas Street and possibly even the ...
  • 36 Ontario Street North
    Image       Painting of Lauriston Cruttenden's home (36 Ontario Street North. There is a fence along the home's property line with several trees in view and cows in the field. This is a photograph (black and white) of an oil painting by Alice Cruttenden Stoddart done around 1860.
    Image     Painting of Lauriston Cruttenden's home (36 Ontario Street North. There is a fence along the home's property line with several trees in view and cows in the field. This is ...
  • Eunice Cruttenden
    Image       Photo of Eunice Cruttenden at the age of 19. She later became Mrs. Leon Moses Clench and was the Mother of Nora Clench. She is pictured here wearing an off the shoulder dress with long necklaces and her hair back from her face in a loose style. See 0860ph for ...
    Image     Photo of Eunice Cruttenden at the age of 19. She later became Mrs. Leon Moses Clench and was the Mother of Nora Clench. She is pictured here wearing an off ...
  • Queen Street looking west up hill
    Image       Photo of downtown St. Marys taken early in St. Marys development (likely taken in the late 1850s along with 1702ph). The photo shows a few of the buildings that were built up between Water and Wellington Streets on Queen Street as well as the first Hutton Block located on the ...
    Image     Photo of downtown St. Marys taken early in St. Marys development (likely taken in the late 1850s along with 1702ph). The photo shows a few of the buildings that were ...
  • James McArthur Weir
    Image       Jas. McArthur Weir died - c. 25 yrs old James McArthur Weir, son of Margaret MacArthur and William Weir. Died at about 25 years in 1862. Brother of Annie, Frances (Mrs. Wilson), Jas. Willie Weir.
    Image     Jas. McArthur Weir died - c. 25 yrs old James McArthur Weir, son of Margaret MacArthur and William Weir. Died at about 25 years in 1862. Brother of Annie, Frances ...
  • Eunice Cruttenden
    Image       Photo of Eunice Cruttenden at the age of 19. She later became Mrs. Leon Moses Clench and was the Mother of Nora Clench. She is pictured here wearing an off the shoulder dress with long necklaces and her hair back from her face in a loose style.
    Image     Photo of Eunice Cruttenden at the age of 19. She later became Mrs. Leon Moses Clench and was the Mother of Nora Clench. She is pictured here wearing an off ...
  • Milner Harrison
    Image       Milner Harrison A print of a daguerreotype, ca. 1855 For a short description which fits this photo see Johnston, "Pioneers of Blanshard" - the chapters on St. Marys.
    Image     Milner Harrison A print of a daguerreotype, ca. 1855 For a short description which fits this photo see Johnston, "Pioneers of Blanshard" - the chapters on St. Marys.
  • Lock-Up School
    Image       This photograph shows the first CPR Train to pass through St. Marys with the lock-up school and a group of children in the fore ground. The school was named the lock-up school because the class room was above the town's only jail cell at the time. Marks on the image ...
    Image     This photograph shows the first CPR Train to pass through St. Marys with the lock-up school and a group of children in the fore ground. The school was named the ...
  • Man and woman
    Image       Written on the back of the frame: "Melainotype Plate for Neff's Patent Feb 19, 1856"
    Image     Written on the back of the frame: "Melainotype Plate for Neff's Patent Feb 19, 1856"
  • First Hutton Block, ca. 1857
    Image       Very early photograph of the first Hutton Block (located on the northwest corner of Queen and Water Streets - where the present MacPherson Arts and Crafts store is located today. The photo shows the building, dirt road leading up Queen Street West (with 2 homes in view - one on ...
    Image     Very early photograph of the first Hutton Block (located on the northwest corner of Queen and Water Streets - where the present MacPherson Arts and Crafts store is located today. ...
  • Central School, St. Marys
    Image       "Central School, St. Marys, Ont."
    Image     "Central School, St. Marys, Ont."
  • London Viaduct
    Image       This image shows London Viaduct, more often called London Bridge. It was constructed after the extension of the Grand Trunk line was announced in 1857. It is still in use for both passenger and freight trains today.
    Image     This image shows London Viaduct, more often called London Bridge. It was constructed after the extension of the Grand Trunk line was announced in 1857. It is still in use ...
  • CNR Station
    Image       This photograph shows the rail station in St. Marys, it was constructed in the late 1850's when the Grand Trunk line was extended through the area. It is still used today by train passengers as well as holding offices of local artists.
    Image     This photograph shows the rail station in St. Marys, it was constructed in the late 1850's when the Grand Trunk line was extended through the area. It is still used ...
  • Toronto House
    Image       View of one side of the building, the Toronto House, which was likely an early inn or hotel. It appears to have been situated on the right hand side of Queen street when looking West.
    Image     View of one side of the building, the Toronto House, which was likely an early inn or hotel. It appears to have been situated on the right hand side of ...
  • Queen Street St. Marys
    Image       An early photo of Queen Street looking West that was taken while the street was still a dirt road. The buildings were largely made of wood at this time. A sign advertising tickets for the Grand Trunk Railway can be seen on the left.
    Image     An early photo of Queen Street looking West that was taken while the street was still a dirt road. The buildings were largely made of wood at this time. A ...
  • Queen Street looking west up hill
    Image       Photo of downtown St. Marys taken early in St. Marys development (likely taken in the late 1850s along with 1702ph). The photo shows a few of the buildings that were built up between Water and Wellington Streets on Queen Street as well as the first Hutton Block located on the ...
    Image     Photo of downtown St. Marys taken early in St. Marys development (likely taken in the late 1850s along with 1702ph). The photo shows a few of the buildings that were ...
  • St. James Anglican Church, 1858-9
    Image       Copy of a photo of St. James Anglican Church as it appeared just after being built around 1858-9. The original church (the middle section of the church overall now), was built in 1858 with the tower (not seen in this photo - but would be on the right of the ...
    Image     Copy of a photo of St. James Anglican Church as it appeared just after being built around 1858-9. The original church (the middle section of the church overall now), was ...
  • John L. Maxwell
    Image       Ferrotype of John L. Maxwell, sitting on a stool, posed looking to the side. He is wearing a jacket done up all the way to the top, and a hat. John L. Maxwell was the brother-in-law of George Gouinlock, the architect of the St. Marys Town Hall.
    Image     Ferrotype of John L. Maxwell, sitting on a stool, posed looking to the side. He is wearing a jacket done up all the way to the top, and a hat. ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit