Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
149
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 224 Jones Street East
    Image       This photo shows the exterior of the home located 224 Jones Street East. The house was first owned by George Carter, a grain merchant and renowned local businessman. The Rice family, whom the Carters had relations with through marriage, were the second owners of the home in 1915. The Rice ...
    Image     This photo shows the exterior of the home located 224 Jones Street East. The house was first owned by George Carter, a grain merchant and renowned local businessman. The Rice ...
  • 84 Church Street South
    Image       This is a photo showing the corner porch of the house once owned by Henry Wilson. The house was built in 1880 for Wilson and is located at 84 Church Street South. Two ladies are posing on the porch. The woman seated on the left of the porch is Frances ...
    Image     This is a photo showing the corner porch of the house once owned by Henry Wilson. The house was built in 1880 for Wilson and is located at 84 Church ...
  • View of Cadzow Park and Part of Tracy House, c. 1900
    Image       This photograph gives a view of Cadzow Park ca. 1900. The Southwest corner of the Tracy house, once owned by George Tracy and his family, can be seen through the trees. The house is located at 177 Church Street South, and now houses the St. Marys Museum.
    Image     This photograph gives a view of Cadzow Park ca. 1900. The Southwest corner of the Tracy house, once owned by George Tracy and his family, can be seen through the ...
  • Residence of T.D. Stanley
    Image       "Residence of Mr. T.D. Stanley"
    Image     "Residence of Mr. T.D. Stanley"
  • Residence of Robert Whitworth, 358 Jones St. E.
    Image       "Residence of Mr. Robt. Whitworth"
    Image     "Residence of Mr. Robt. Whitworth"
  • Residence of J. Corbett
    Image       "Residence of J. Corbet"
    Image     "Residence of J. Corbet"
  • 44 St. Andrew Street South
    Image       This house at 44 St. Andrew Street South was built for Frank E. Butcher, a local businessman, in 1898. Butcher’s son, jeweler Ellison Butcher, lived in this house for some time. It was likely constructed by builder William Pulleyblank; however, there is no documented evidence of this. This house was ...
    Image     This house at 44 St. Andrew Street South was built for Frank E. Butcher, a local businessman, in 1898. Butcher’s son, jeweler Ellison Butcher, lived in this house for some ...
  • 44 St. Andrew Street South
    Image       Where "Yours Truly" Lives. When He's Home.
    Image     Where "Yours Truly" Lives. When He's Home.
  • Residence of Mr. R. Blundell, c. 1903
    Image       "Residence of Mr. R. Blundell"
    Image     "Residence of Mr. R. Blundell"
  • Rice Family, 224 Jones Street East
    Image       This photo is a portrait of the Rice family, standing in front of their home located at 224 Jones Street East. This photo was likely taken sometime after the Rice family came to own the property in 1915. The house was originally built for George Carter, the founder of Carter ...
    Image     This photo is a portrait of the Rice family, standing in front of their home located at 224 Jones Street East. This photo was likely taken sometime after the Rice ...
  • 149 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This board and batten cottage was built in the late 1870s by local contractor Richard Kelly; Kelly rented the house to tenants. The cottage is symmetrical in its proportions but an addition has been added to the east side of the house. The house features a small porch and decorative ...
    Image     This board and batten cottage was built in the late 1870s by local contractor Richard Kelly; Kelly rented the house to tenants. The cottage is symmetrical in its proportions but ...
  • 196 Widder St. E., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 196 Widder Street East was built in 1873 by Scottish carpenters James Craig and James Hamilton for Craig and his family. Craig was a co-owner of the Craig and Hamilton Planing Mill in St. Marys once located at the corner of Water Street North and Parkview ...
    Image     This house located at 196 Widder Street East was built in 1873 by Scottish carpenters James Craig and James Hamilton for Craig and his family. Craig was a co-owner of ...
  • Westover, 300 Thomas St., 1980s
    Image       This house, now known as Westover, was built in 1867 for retired mill owner William Veal Hutton and his brother Joseph O. Hutton. The limestone house was designed by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour. In the 1870s, a two-storey addition was erected on the south side of the house. A ...
    Image     This house, now known as Westover, was built in 1867 for retired mill owner William Veal Hutton and his brother Joseph O. Hutton. The limestone house was designed by locally ...
  • 111 Widder St. E., 1980s
    Image       This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 who lived on the property with his family. Allan would later add an addition to the house in 1856. In ...
    Image     This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 ...
  • 345 Wellington St. S., 1980s
    Image       This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime before the 1861 census was taken in St. Marys. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked his quarry and kiln. Elliott was known for his work on the St. Marys Opera House which was constructed with ...
    Image     This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime before the 1861 census was taken in St. Marys. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked ...
  • 317 Wellington St. S., 1980s
    Image       This one-storey stone cottage has changed greatly since this photo was taken in the 1980s. A second storey addition has been built along with additions at the back of the house. The house was likely built c. 1869 for Scottish stonemason Isaacher Murray. The house featured a simple gable roof, ...
    Image     This one-storey stone cottage has changed greatly since this photo was taken in the 1980s. A second storey addition has been built along with additions at the back of the ...
  • 138 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This is one of St. Marys's oldest houses. It was built in the late 1840s for Dr. James Coleman, an early local medical practitioner. The house was constructed with logs and was later covered with clapboard siding. Coleman lived in the home with his wife Ann and their children Alathea, ...
    Image     This is one of St. Marys's oldest houses. It was built in the late 1840s for Dr. James Coleman, an early local medical practitioner. The house was constructed with logs ...
  • 130 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 130 Wellington Street North was built c. 1890 for local merchant Robert Dickson by architect George Gouinlock. Gouinlock was responsible for the design and construction of the current St. Marys Town Hall. The house became known locally as "Gray Gables". It is two and a half ...
    Image     This house located at 130 Wellington Street North was built c. 1890 for local merchant Robert Dickson by architect George Gouinlock. Gouinlock was responsible for the design and construction of ...
  • 109 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John H. Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. The house was built for Mathieson by Robert Barbour, an architect responsible for the design and construction of many notable houses in St. Marys. Dr. ...
    Image     This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John H. Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. The house was built for ...
  • 106 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This one-storey limestone house was built in the 1870s by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. The house is known as one of Fanny Adam's four cottages. Fanny was married to John Adam, a local tavern keeper at the St. Marys Empire Hotel. After his passing in 1866, ...
    Image     This one-storey limestone house was built in the 1870s by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. The house is known as one of Fanny Adam's four cottages. Fanny ...
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit