Picture St. Marys
We found 19 matching items.
Geographic Location:  St. Marys   Item type(s):  Stereographs   Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
A.H. Lofft & Company 
Image  1884  Stereoview of downtown St. Marys - most specifically in view A.H. Lofft & Co. This is Queen Street East, the north side, just east of Wellington Street (Andrew's Jewelers - now Anstett's - is seen being built on the left). Condition: Copy is in excellent condition. Queen St., north side, just...
Queen Street looking West 
Image  1884  Stereoview of Queen Street looking west. In view is the old Windsor Hotel which was demolished in the early 1960s (and is now the site of the Mac's Milk). Condition: Copy is in excellent condition. Looking west from above Church St. is a view of Queen Street 1884 On the left, Windsor Hotel...
Queen Street looking east 
Image  1884  One part of a stereoview of Queen Street looking east. Buildings can be seen on either side of the street with people and vehicles seen on the dirt street or the wooden sidewalks. Condition: Copy is in excellent condition. A view of Queen St. looking east from Victoria Bridge 1884. -foreground...
Central school in 1865 
Image  1865  One side of a stereoview of Central school as it appeared in 1865. This was the original building for Central school, which was replaced by the current building in 1914. Seen in this picture is the fence which is keeping out a stray cow that is out grazing. Condition: Copy is excellent....
Victoria Bridge and Mill, 1884 
Image  1884  One side of a stereoview of the Thames River, Victoria Bridge and the Mill as well as the Miller's house. Condition. Copy is in excellent condition. Victoria Bridge and mill 1884
Queen Street looking west, 1865 
Image  1865  One side of a stereoview of Queen Street looking east. The intersection we are at is Church Street and Queen Street and seen just a little in front to the right (just about where TD Canada Trust is today) is the A. Beattie store. Condition: Copy is in excellent condition. Queen St., looking west...
W.V. Hutton home - Westover Park, 1884 
Image  1884  One side of a stereoview of the William Veal Hutton home called Westover Park. In this photo we can see the architecturally stunning conservatory that is at the back of the house. Westover Park was built in 1867 for William and Joseph Hutton, early settlers of St. Marys. The home has had many...
London Bridge from north of Trout Creek, 1865 
Image  1865  One side of a stereoview of London Bridge. This view shows us how bare it is around St. Marys at this point with trees cleared and very few buildings in view in the background. Condition: Copy is in excellent condition. London Bridge from north of Trout Creek 1865
Sarnia Bridge, the Thames River and the Ashery as seen from the Victoria Bridge in 1865 
Image  1865  One side of a stereoview of the Thames River, the Sarnia Bridge (now part of the Grand Trunk trail walkway), and an ashery all seen from the Queen Street (Victoria) bridge. Condition: Copy is in excellent condition. Sarnia Bridge, Thames River and the Ashery from Victoria Bridge 1865
Church Street bridge being built 
Image  August 1884  One side of a stereoview of the Church Street bridge during construction in August of 1884. In the background the London railway bridge can be seen with Trout Creek running under both the Church Street and London bridges. Condition: Copy is in excellent condition. Duplicate is 2435ph. Church...
St. Marys Collegiate Institute, 1884 
Image  1884  One part of a stereoview of St. Marys Collegiate Institute as it appeared in 1884. Built in 1875, its most famous graduate is Arthur Meighen, ninth Prime Minister of Canada. The school has been added onto many times, and has been a public school since 1955 when a new high school building was...
Theodore Hutton, Opera House, W.V. Hutton Blocks in 1884 
Image  1884  One side of a steroview of the Theodore Hutton block, the Opera House block and the William Veal Hutton block found on the west side of Water Street. Of these buildings the Opera House is by far the most famous and beautiful. It has gone from being an Opera House/Oddfellow meeting place to being...
St. Marys Opera House, 1884 
Image  1884  Photo showing the Opera House in 1884. (This view is available in L.W. Wilson and L.R. Pfaff's Early St. Marys book, #27). The building was built for the St. Marys chapter of the Imperial Order of Oddfellows in 1879/80. The Oddfellows occupied the third floor of the building, with the second...
North Ward from the GTR bridge over Trout Creek, 1884 
ImageComments:  1884  In 1884, Hugill, a photographer from Ingersoll, came to St. Marys, apparently on the invitation of William Andrews, a local jeweller, and took a series of stereoscopic views of the town. This is one half of a stereo card, showing the north ward from the Grand Trunk Railway bridge over Trout Creek....
W.V. Hutton home - Westover Park, 1884 
Image  1884  One side of a stereoview of Westover Park - the home of William Veal Hutton back in 1884 when this photo was taken. Westover Park was built in 1867 for William and Joseph Hutton - early settlers of St. Marys. The home has had many different uses over the years including a Catholic seminary, a...
William Andrews Senior house on Church Street, 1884 
ImageComments:  1884  One side of a stereoview of William Andrews' home on Church Street, taken in 1884. The address of the house is currently 45 Church Street South. William Andrews, a St. Marys jeweller, hired Hugill, a well-known photographer from Ingersoll, to take this photograph and others of St. Marys at that...
Two Men with Motorboat 
Image    This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg Near collection. This image shows two men, Frank Markey and James Beattie, and their motorboat "The Mermaid" on the banks of the Thames River. In the background across the river is the edge of the Flats. This stereoscope card is dated 1910....
Two Men on River Road 
Image    This image is one in a series of postcards from the Reg Near collection. It shows James Beattie and Frank Markie standing on the North River Road on the east side of the Thames River, which is visible on the left side. This stereoscope card is dated 1910. Condition: Poor - Heavy wear on edges,...
Beattie Block 
ImageComments:  ca. 1865 (?)  Reproduction of a stereoscope showing the Beattie Block with a group of people outside. This block was on the southwest corner of Queen and Church Streets. Condition: Not a bad reproduction - glued onto card stock.

Google Earth Google Earth [help]
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1860s 1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
1870s1870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s 1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Item Types
Features
Groups
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit