Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
19
matching items
Geographic Location
St. Marys
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Halfway House
    Image       Photo of a halfway house (a hotel or boarding house) that was located on Highway #7 between Stratford and St. Marys (on the northeast corner of the intersection of County Road #17). HALFWAY HOUSE is painted on the side of the house. The house has a large covered front porch ...
    Image     Photo of a halfway house (a hotel or boarding house) that was located on Highway #7 between Stratford and St. Marys (on the northeast corner of the intersection of County ...
  • Woodcut of National Hotel
    Image       Photo taken from the Perth County directory of 1896 of the National Hotel showing a woodcut of the hotel building. The hotel was located on the southeast corner of Queen and Water Streets (where the building for Coffee Culture is located now). The building burned in 1896.
    Image     Photo taken from the Perth County directory of 1896 of the National Hotel showing a woodcut of the hotel building. The hotel was located on the southeast corner of Queen ...
  • Jack Oddy, owner of the Oddy House
    Image       Written on back of postcard: Frank McNamara Oddy - owner of Hotel The Oddy House
    Image     Written on back of postcard: Frank McNamara Oddy - owner of Hotel The Oddy House
  • Old CPR Hotel Site, ca. 1945
    Image       Photo of the old CPR hotel site located on Water Street South and taken sometime around 1945. The buildings were demolished in the early 1980s.
    Image     Photo of the old CPR hotel site located on Water Street South and taken sometime around 1945. The buildings were demolished in the early 1980s.
  • Rollie Blundell at the back of the Boat House Hotel
    Image       Photo of a man (Rollie Blundell) sitting in a horse drawn carriage behind the Boat House hotel. An article is included in the Museum's file about this specific photograph: "The 'Wild West Era' in St. Marys" "This old-time photo taken around 1900-05 shows the team and hack owned by the ...
    Image     Photo of a man (Rollie Blundell) sitting in a horse drawn carriage behind the Boat House hotel. An article is included in the Museum's file about this specific photograph: "The ...
  • National Hotel morning after fire, 1896
    Image       Aftermath of the fire at the National Hotel, which had been located at the southeast corner of Queen and Water Streets (rebuilt later to the building that is there today which houses the Coffee Culture restaurant). There are children and men standing around the building that is missing windows, doors ...
    Image     Aftermath of the fire at the National Hotel, which had been located at the southeast corner of Queen and Water Streets (rebuilt later to the building that is there today ...
  • Windsor Hotel - Old Boys Reunion, 1912
    Image       Copy of a postcard which depicts an auto parade during the Old Boys Reunion of 1912. The hotel in the background is the Windsor Hotel with the J.D. Moore building directly next door. The Windsor Hotel was once located across the street from the Town Hall. Now in the building's ...
    Image     Copy of a postcard which depicts an auto parade during the Old Boys Reunion of 1912. The hotel in the background is the Windsor Hotel with the J.D. Moore building ...
  • The conservatory, Westover Park
    Imagecomment       stamped "39" on the back (possibly date of photo is 1939?) Comment, however, suggests it was taken much earlier than that - ca. 1915.
    Imagecomment     stamped "39" on the back (possibly date of photo is 1939?) Comment, however, suggests it was taken much earlier than that - ca. 1915.
  • Queen Street looking West
    Image       Looking west from above Church St. is a view of Queen Street 1884 On the left, Windsor Hotel owned by Jack Canard on the right (behind trees) British Hotel, owned by John-Billy Cosgrove Note: Portable steam engine
    Image     Looking west from above Church St. is a view of Queen Street 1884 On the left, Windsor Hotel owned by Jack Canard on the right (behind trees) British Hotel, owned ...
  • Royal Edward Hotel From the Thames
    Image       "Royal Edward Hotel From the Thames, St. Marys, Canada."
    Image     "Royal Edward Hotel From the Thames, St. Marys, Canada."
  • Firemen Convention and Old Boys Reunion Parade, 1912
    Image       Very similar photo to 0999ph (a postcard). This depicts an auto parade during the Old Boys Reunion of 1912. The hotel in the background is the Windsor Hotel with the J.D. Moore building directly next door. The Windsor Hotel was once located across the street from the Town Hall. Now ...
    Image     Very similar photo to 0999ph (a postcard). This depicts an auto parade during the Old Boys Reunion of 1912. The hotel in the background is the Windsor Hotel with the ...
  • CPR Hotel
    Image       Photo showing the former CPR Hotel (now demolished). This hotel was once located on the east side of Water Street South at Jones Street.
    Image     Photo showing the former CPR Hotel (now demolished). This hotel was once located on the east side of Water Street South at Jones Street.
  • Stage coach behind CPR Hotel (Southeast corner of Water and Jones Streets)
    Image       Photo of a stagecoach being pulled by two greys (horses), with the driver posed looking at the camera in his seat. The photo was taken behind the former C.P.R. Hotel (which has since been demolished). This building was once located at the southeast corner of Water and Jones Streets.
    Image     Photo of a stagecoach being pulled by two greys (horses), with the driver posed looking at the camera in his seat. The photo was taken behind the former C.P.R. Hotel ...
  • W.V. Hutton home - Westover Park, 1884
    Image       W.V. Hutton home, Westover Park 1884
    Image     W.V. Hutton home, Westover Park 1884
  • Westover, 300 Thomas St., 1980s
    Image       This house, now known as Westover, was built in 1867 for retired mill owner William Veal Hutton and his brother Joseph O. Hutton. The limestone house was designed by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour. In the 1870s, a two-storey addition was erected on the south side of the house. A ...
    Image     This house, now known as Westover, was built in 1867 for retired mill owner William Veal Hutton and his brother Joseph O. Hutton. The limestone house was designed by locally ...
  • Painting the Grand Central Hotel building, 1954
    Image       Photo showing the Grand Central Hotel building being painted (located on the south side of Queen Street between Church and Wellington Streets). A man is standing on the sidewalk watching the others painting. A car can be seen driving up the street.
    Image     Photo showing the Grand Central Hotel building being painted (located on the south side of Queen Street between Church and Wellington Streets). A man is standing on the sidewalk watching ...
  • W.V. Hutton home - Westover Park, 1884
    Image       W.V. Hutton home, Westover Park 1884
    Image     W.V. Hutton home, Westover Park 1884
  • View of Queen Street, 1917
    Image       Photo of Queen Street East looking east from from Wellington Street towards Church Street. A few businesses can be seen in the photo including the St. Marys Journal, Molson's Bank, Grand Central Hotel, John M. Adam Hardware store, W.R. Butcher groceries and Andrew's Jewelers.
    Image     Photo of Queen Street East looking east from from Wellington Street towards Church Street. A few businesses can be seen in the photo including the St. Marys Journal, Molson's Bank, ...
  • "Money must go a lot further in Mexico", Eat at Our House, 14 February 1990
    ImageText  Dorothy Eedy, St. Marys Journal Argus, 14 Feb 1990     An article written by local columnist Dorothy Eedy titled "Money must go a lot further in Mexico". The article is about Eedy's trip to the town of Alamos in Mexico. She describes the real estate market there in 1990. Eedy explains that many houses were left in deterioration after the ...
    ImageText  Dorothy Eedy, St. Marys Journal Argus, 14 Feb 1990   An article written by local columnist Dorothy Eedy titled "Money must go a lot further in Mexico". The article is about Eedy's trip to the town of Alamos in Mexico. ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit