Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
72
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 253 Elgin St. E., 1980s
    Image       This photo provides a view of the house located at 253 Elgin Street East as it would have appeared in the early 1980s. This grand two-storey yellow brick home is still standing today. The house contains Romanesque-Revival features such as the arched windows and the rounded, ornamental brickwork acting as ...
    Image     This photo provides a view of the house located at 253 Elgin Street East as it would have appeared in the early 1980s. This grand two-storey yellow brick home is ...
  • 285 Emily St., 1980s
    Image       This stone house, built c. 1861, is still standing to this day. This photo provides a view of the home as it appeared in the early 1980s. The house was built for Andrew Forrester and his family, a local farmer and carpenter. By 1863 Forrester established a flax mill on ...
    Image     This stone house, built c. 1861, is still standing to this day. This photo provides a view of the home as it appeared in the early 1980s. The house was ...
  • 524 Elgin St. W., 1980s
    Image       This house at 524 Elgin Street West was built for Robert White, a farmer and freeholder, c. 1878. The house and property was eventually sold to Robert White's son, Robert White Jr. who also farmed on the property. By 1885 the house was no longer owned by the White family ...
    Image     This house at 524 Elgin Street West was built for Robert White, a farmer and freeholder, c. 1878. The house and property was eventually sold to Robert White's son, Robert ...
  • 322 Emily St., 1980s
    Image       This two-storey brick villa was built in 1860 for John Robinson. Robinson worked as a civil engineer who was responsible for the construction of the Sarnia Bridge for the Grand Trunk Railway. In 1863 the house was sold to Milner and Catharine Harrison. The couple had turned over their successful ...
    Image     This two-storey brick villa was built in 1860 for John Robinson. Robinson worked as a civil engineer who was responsible for the construction of the Sarnia Bridge for the Grand ...
  • 236 Emily St., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 236 Emily Street is still standing today. This image shows the house as it looked in the early 1980s. Structurally, the house looks similar today; however, some updates have been made to the exterior in recent years. This lot is believed to have first been owned ...
    Image     This house located at 236 Emily Street is still standing today. This image shows the house as it looked in the early 1980s. Structurally, the house looks similar today; however, ...
  • 169 Ingersoll St., 1980s
    Image       This photograph was taken in the early 1980s and shows the house located at 169 Ingersoll Street. The house was built in the mid-1870s for Patrick Whelihan, who ran a farm on the surrounding land. Whelihan also worked as a merchant for several years. In 1871 he was given the ...
    Image     This photograph was taken in the early 1980s and shows the house located at 169 Ingersoll Street. The house was built in the mid-1870s for Patrick Whelihan, who ran a ...
  • Guest House, Emily St., 1980s
    Image       This house, once located on the Thames River off of Emily Street, was built for local politician T.B. Guest. The house was demolished in the 1980s, shortly after this photograph was taken. Guest was elected the first Mayor of St. Marys in 1864. This large brick home was built for ...
    Image     This house, once located on the Thames River off of Emily Street, was built for local politician T.B. Guest. The house was demolished in the 1980s, shortly after this photograph ...
  • 194 Elgin St. W., 1980s
    Image       This photo shows the house once located at 194 Elgin Street West; this property has been demolished. The image was taken in the early 1980s. The house features several Greek Revival style elements popular in the mid to late 19th century such as the pediment over the door and the ...
    Image     This photo shows the house once located at 194 Elgin Street West; this property has been demolished. The image was taken in the early 1980s. The house features several Greek ...
  • Ardmore Park, 186 Salina St. S., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The house is a Regency style cottage built of limestone in the 1850s. The house was built by Joseph Osmond Hutton, ...
    Image     This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The ...
  • Ardmore Park, 186 Salina St. S, 1980s
    Image       This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The house is a Regency style cottage built of limestone in the 1850s. The house was built by Joseph Osmond Hutton, ...
    Image     This house located at 186 Salina St. S. in the 1980s (the address is now Westover Street) has been the residence of several notable St. Marys residents throughout history. The ...
  • 248 Church St. S., 1980s
    Image       A photo featuring the house located at 248 Church Street South. The house was built c. 1854 by Scottish stonemason William Falconer Sr. This stone house appears one level from the street but has been built into a hill with the basement level being utilized. The house was built with ...
    Image     A photo featuring the house located at 248 Church Street South. The house was built c. 1854 by Scottish stonemason William Falconer Sr. This stone house appears one level from ...
  • Residence of Mr. R. Blundell, c. 1903
    Image       "Residence of Mr. R. Blundell"
    Image     "Residence of Mr. R. Blundell"
  • Residence of Robert Whitworth, 358 Jones St. E.
    Image       "Residence of Mr. Robt. Whitworth"
    Image     "Residence of Mr. Robt. Whitworth"
  • 44 St. Andrew Street South
    Image       This house at 44 St. Andrew Street South was built for Frank E. Butcher, a local businessman, in 1898. Butcher’s son, jeweler Ellison Butcher, lived in this house for some time. It was likely constructed by builder William Pulleyblank; however, there is no documented evidence of this. This house was ...
    Image     This house at 44 St. Andrew Street South was built for Frank E. Butcher, a local businessman, in 1898. Butcher’s son, jeweler Ellison Butcher, lived in this house for some ...
  • Residence of T.D. Stanley
    Image       "Residence of Mr. T.D. Stanley"
    Image     "Residence of Mr. T.D. Stanley"
  • 100 Church St. S., 1980s
    Image       This photo gives a view of the house at 100 Church Street South. James Eaton purchased the property in 1863 and the house was built approximately one year later. Eaton was a local dry goods merchant. Alexander Belch, the founder of the St. Marys Argus newspaper, bought the house from ...
    Image     This photo gives a view of the house at 100 Church Street South. James Eaton purchased the property in 1863 and the house was built approximately one year later. Eaton ...
  • 51 Church St. S., 1980s
    Image       This house is located at 51 Church Street South. The house was built with yellow brick as were many other St. Marys homes in the late 19th century. The house sits on two lots atop a hill and has an elaborate entrance which can be seen from the street. Note ...
    Image     This house is located at 51 Church Street South. The house was built with yellow brick as were many other St. Marys homes in the late 19th century. The house ...
  • 121 Carrall St., 1980s
    Image       This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from Scotland in 1844. The house would later be occupied by several owners including Archibald McCallum, Michael Griffin and Philip Sydney ...
    Image     This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from ...
  • 121 Carrall St., 1980s
    Image       This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from Scotland in 1844. The house would later be occupied by several owners including Archibald McCallum, Michael Griffin and Philip Sydney ...
    Image     This photo, taken in the 1980s, shows the house located at 121 Carrall Street. It was built in 1867 by Scottish stonemason Daniel McAnsh. McAnsh moved to the area from ...
  • 46 Church St. S., 1980s
    Image       This photo shows the house located at 46 Church Street South. The house was built by William Lyle Hutton circa 1873. Hutton was born in 1826 in the Niagara District and later became a successful businessman in St. Mary, owning a general store in town around 1862. In 1873, the ...
    Image     This photo shows the house located at 46 Church Street South. The house was built by William Lyle Hutton circa 1873. Hutton was born in 1826 in the Niagara District ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit