Picture St. Marys
We found 134 matching items.
Subject:  Historical Houses  Geographic Location:  St. Marys   Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
249 Thomas Street 
Image  1927  A photo of the frame house located at 249 Thomas Street. The front porch has been decorated with flags and bunting, possibly for the 1927 Old Boys Reunion. Condition: Very good photocopy. Original image is severely creased in the top right corner.
View of Cadzow Park and Part of Tracy House, c. 1900 
Image    This photograph gives a view of Cadzow Park ca. 1900. The Southwest corner of the Tracy house, once owned by George Tracy and his family, can be seen through the trees. The house is located at 177 Church Street South, and now houses the St. Marys Museum. Condition: Good photocopy. Paper is...
84 Church Street South 
Image    This is a photo showing the corner porch of the house once owned by Henry Wilson. The house was built in 1880 for Wilson and is located at 84 Church Street South. Two ladies are posing on the porch. The woman seated on the left of the porch is Frances Weir Wilson, Henry Wilson's wife. Condition:...
45 Church Street South 
Image  1973  This house was constructed for Andrew Nicol in 1876. Nicol and his family were notable residents of St. Marys in the late 19th century. Nicol ran a livery stable, worked as assistant postmaster and built and sold houses as an investment. By 1878 the house was sold to William Andrews of Andrews'...
51 Church Street South 
Image  1973  This yellow brick home occupies two lots placed on a hill. The home has a sophisticated entrance that can be seen from the street. Milner Harrison, a local store keeper, sold the property to his son David, a physician and flax manufacturer. David then built the current house between 1869 and...
158 Church Street South 
Image  1973  Edward W. Colley purchased the property at 158 Church St. in 1864. The original house on this property was built in 1870 by the Colley family. Colley owned a tinsmith business in St. Marys. On February 2, 1876, Colley passed away, leaving behind his wife, Elizabeth Colley, and their three...
188 Church Street South 
Image  1973  The original siding of this one storey house was likely made of wood. In a town with many hills, like St. Marys, the basements in houses are often used as an additional storey. Though this home appears to be a modest size, the builders of this four-roomed house made use of the basement level to...
559 Jones Street East 
Image  1973  This style of white clapboard home is not uncommon in rural Ontario. However, the picturesque details added onto the exterior are what make this historical home quite sophisticated. The house features a pretty gabled roof with some ginger breading detail and fancy fretwork frills along the porch...
642 Jones Street East 
Image  1973  This modest historical home is an example of a popular style of housing that can be seen throughout rural Ontario. The house features white horizontal siding and a simple doorstep leading up to the entrance, bordered on either side by two low-hanging windows. An exterior chimney can be seen on the...
123 Jones Street West 
Image  1973  This little one-storey house has largely remained the same since its construction, with the veranda and square pillar addition seen in the photo being an exception along with more recent alterations such as updated windows and an extension of the porch. The house is approximately one hundred years...
131 Jones Street West 
Image  1973  This is a modest house built with a staggered pattern of dark and light brick. There also appears to have been an addition added onto the rear of the house. This one-storey house has a front porch with four rectangular pillars and round newel posts on the railings. Small details such as these can...
143 Jones Street West 
Image  1973  Two-storey homes with a white siding exterior can be seen throughout Perth County. Homes of this style often had some form of porch or veranda at the front of the house. This particular house has simple fretwork along the veranda overhang, with similar detailing carried up under the roof. The...
293 Elgin Street East 
Image  1973  This style of white two-storey house is commonly seen in rural Ontario. However, in St. Marys horizontal siding seemed to be the popular style. Note the detailing such as the extra trim around the windows and the small, intricate fretwork around the veranda. Previously, contractors were hired to...
451 Elgin Street East 
Image  1973  The house in this photo has been demolished. It was an example of the white two-storey houses commonly seen throughout rural Ontario. The horizontal siding is particularly common in St. Marys. Houses such as these were rarely built without a means to light the dark stairs hallway. German and...
229 Elizabeth Street 
Image  1973  The house located at 229 Elizabeth Street was first owned by Thomas Woolway, a local grain merchant, who was granted the property by George Tracy in 1868. By 1876, the property had been granted by Woolway to William Lester of Granton. Lester rented the house out to Robert Grant. The property was...
216 George Street 
Image  1973  This house at 216 George Street is a typical two-storey house you would see throughout Ontario with its light coloured horizontal siding and small veranda entranceway by the front door. However, it contains small details on the exterior that adds some distinction to the home. Note the white fish...
17 James Street South 
Image  1973  This historical house is a style commonly seen throughout Ontario, and more specifically, in St. Marys. It was built with light coloured, horizontal siding, and a varying roofline. Under the roof are gable windows decorated with a type of fish scale patterned siding. The front of the house has a...
236 Jones Street East 
Image  1973  This house is an example of the Italianate style that was popular in late 19th century house building inspired by the Second Empire Movement. Most Italianate homes were two-storey brick structures, often surmounted with a mansard roof, which can be seen in this specific house. However, this house...
151 Jones Street West 
Image  1973  The lot this house is located on was owned by several individuals until a house was built on the property. According to the 1877 assessment rolls, it was not until James McIntyre owned the property that a two-storey frame house was built. The house is a common style, wooden frame with horizontal...
163 Church Street South 
Image  1973  This large and impressive red brick house, with limestone details, is comparable to the basic planbook style used years ago for similar style homes. However, the dimensions of this property are more immense, and a corner tower is included in the property. The house is in excellent condition with...
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1890s 1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s 1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s 1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s 1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Item Types
Features
Groups
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit