Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
85
matching items
Geographic Location
St. Marys
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • House in St. Marys
    Image       This is a photograph of a house somewhere in St. Marys. There is a large tree in front of the house and a woman is standing in the front yard.
    Image     This is a photograph of a house somewhere in St. Marys. There is a large tree in front of the house and a woman is standing in the front yard.
  • Photo of Unidentified Bungalow
    Imagemystery       None
    Imagemystery     None
  • The West Ward, St. Marys
    Image       None
    Image     None
  • 92 Wellington Street North, St. Marys
    Image       None
    Image     None
  • Riddell House, St. Marys
    Image       "Riddell House"
    Image     "Riddell House"
  • Alice Eedy's Wedding
    Image       This is a photograph of Alice Eedy's wedding party sending her off after her wedding. On Saturday, November fourth, 1961, Alice Eedy (daughter of Lorne A. Eedy and sister of John Wilson Eedy) married Arthur Boissoneau in St. Marys. This photograph was taken in front of the Eedy house at ...
    Image     This is a photograph of Alice Eedy's wedding party sending her off after her wedding. On Saturday, November fourth, 1961, Alice Eedy (daughter of Lorne A. Eedy and sister of ...
  • 149 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This board and batten cottage was built in the late 1870s by local contractor Richard Kelly; Kelly rented the house to tenants. The cottage is symmetrical in its proportions but an addition has been added to the east side of the house. The house features a small porch and decorative ...
    Image     This board and batten cottage was built in the late 1870s by local contractor Richard Kelly; Kelly rented the house to tenants. The cottage is symmetrical in its proportions but ...
  • 196 Widder St. E., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 196 Widder Street East was built in 1873 by Scottish carpenters James Craig and James Hamilton for Craig and his family. Craig was a co-owner of the Craig and Hamilton Planing Mill in St. Marys once located at the corner of Water Street North and Parkview ...
    Image     This house located at 196 Widder Street East was built in 1873 by Scottish carpenters James Craig and James Hamilton for Craig and his family. Craig was a co-owner of ...
  • 111 Widder St. E., 1980s
    Image       This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 who lived on the property with his family. Allan would later add an addition to the house in 1856. In ...
    Image     This is one of the oldest homes in St. Marys. It is a pre-1850s limestone house. The south portion of the house was likely built by James Allan circa 1848/49 ...
  • 345 Wellington St. S., 1980s
    Image       This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime before the 1861 census was taken in St. Marys. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked his quarry and kiln. Elliott was known for his work on the St. Marys Opera House which was constructed with ...
    Image     This storey and a half stone limestone house was built sometime before the 1861 census was taken in St. Marys. The house was first owned by James Elliott, it overlooked ...
  • 317 Wellington St. S., 1980s
    Image       This one-storey stone cottage has changed greatly since this photo was taken in the 1980s. A second storey addition has been built along with additions at the back of the house. The house was likely built c. 1869 for Scottish stonemason Isaacher Murray. The house featured a simple gable roof, ...
    Image     This one-storey stone cottage has changed greatly since this photo was taken in the 1980s. A second storey addition has been built along with additions at the back of the ...
  • 138 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This is one of St. Marys's oldest houses. It was built in the late 1840s for Dr. James Coleman, an early local medical practitioner. The house was constructed with logs and was later covered with clapboard siding. Coleman lived in the home with his wife Ann and their children Alathea, ...
    Image     This is one of St. Marys's oldest houses. It was built in the late 1840s for Dr. James Coleman, an early local medical practitioner. The house was constructed with logs ...
  • 130 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house located at 130 Wellington Street North was built c. 1890 for local merchant Robert Dickson by architect George Gouinlock. Gouinlock was responsible for the design and construction of the current St. Marys Town Hall. The house became known locally as "Gray Gables". It is two and a half ...
    Image     This house located at 130 Wellington Street North was built c. 1890 for local merchant Robert Dickson by architect George Gouinlock. Gouinlock was responsible for the design and construction of ...
  • 109 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John H. Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. The house was built for Mathieson by Robert Barbour, an architect responsible for the design and construction of many notable houses in St. Marys. Dr. ...
    Image     This house was built in 1874 for Dr. John H. Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison, daughter of early settlers Milner Harrison and Catherine Howard. The house was built for ...
  • 106 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This one-storey limestone house was built in the 1870s by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. The house is known as one of Fanny Adam's four cottages. Fanny was married to John Adam, a local tavern keeper at the St. Marys Empire Hotel. After his passing in 1866, ...
    Image     This one-storey limestone house was built in the 1870s by locally renowned architect Robert Barbour for Fanny Adam. The house is known as one of Fanny Adam's four cottages. Fanny ...
  • 92 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This yellow-brick two-storey was built in 1889 for R.T. Gilpin. William Williams was the architect responsible for its design. The house later became known as the childhood home of Canadian poet David Donnell, born in St. Marys in 1939. Donnell's father, Arnold Donnell, taught classics at St. Marys Collegiate. The ...
    Image     This yellow-brick two-storey was built in 1889 for R.T. Gilpin. William Williams was the architect responsible for its design. The house later became known as the childhood home of Canadian ...
  • 35 Wellington St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house was built in 1882 for Donald McLarty, a blacksmith and carriage maker. He furnished most of the steel for the London and Sarnia railway bridges. McLarty built this home across the street from his blacksmith and carriage shop. The house was built in the Italianate style popular in ...
    Image     This house was built in 1882 for Donald McLarty, a blacksmith and carriage maker. He furnished most of the steel for the London and Sarnia railway bridges. McLarty built this ...
  • 481 Water St. S., 1980s
    Image       This house was built in the early 1850s by stonemason Alexander McDonald . McDonald 's work can be seen in several buildings and structures in St. Marys including the Junction Station, the London railway viaduct and the Victoria Bridge. McDonald built this house for rental income. It is a stone ...
    Image     This house was built in the early 1850s by stonemason Alexander McDonald . McDonald 's work can be seen in several buildings and structures in St. Marys including the Junction ...
  • 136 Water St. S., 1980s
    Image       This limestone Ontario cottage was built in the mid to late 1860s. It is believed to have been built as a residence by James Whitson. Whitson was a stonecutter and mason who would later own a lime making business. He was also active in municipal politics from the 1870s to ...
    Image     This limestone Ontario cottage was built in the mid to late 1860s. It is believed to have been built as a residence by James Whitson. Whitson was a stonecutter and ...
  • 129 Water St. N., 1980s
    Image       This house was built c. 1889-1890 for John Bartlett. Bartlett was a local baker and grocer. He used the house for rental income and never lived in the house himself. The house would later become known as the home of the Harstone family. Leonard Harstone was a lawyer and town ...
    Image     This house was built c. 1889-1890 for John Bartlett. Bartlett was a local baker and grocer. He used the house for rental income and never lived in the house himself. ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit