Picture St. Marys

Results

We found
152
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • James Purdue Adult Workshop & Training Centre
    Image       This is a photograph of the James Purdue Adult Workshop & Training Centre in 1978. The workshop was located at 36 Ingersoll Street, which is now a private residence. The James Purdue Adult Workshop and Training Centre was the beginnings of what is now known as St. Marys Community Living. ...
    Image     This is a photograph of the James Purdue Adult Workshop & Training Centre in 1978. The workshop was located at 36 Ingersoll Street, which is now a private residence. The ...
  • Queen St., southside, just east of Water St.
    Image       Commercial buildings along Queen Street with several men standing outside one of them.
    Image     Commercial buildings along Queen Street with several men standing outside one of them.
  • Queen Street at Water Street
    Image       This is a view of the north side of Queen Street at the corner of Water Street. Chalmers Hardware store is seen on the corner with a number of people standing outside. James Chalmer, the original owner, sold the store to J.M Adam in 1909 and he moved the hardware ...
    Image     This is a view of the north side of Queen Street at the corner of Water Street. Chalmers Hardware store is seen on the corner with a number of people ...
  • Down Town St. Marys
    Image       This view of the downtown was taken from Church Street looking west down Queen Street. Several businesses are visible including McIntyre Drugs, J. B. Tudor and Ray Bennett. None of these businesses remain today but the buildings and store fronts are still present and in use.
    Image     This view of the downtown was taken from Church Street looking west down Queen Street. Several businesses are visible including McIntyre Drugs, J. B. Tudor and Ray Bennett. None of ...
  • The Quarry
    Image       This picture, featuring a wooden, horse drawn wagon beside a wall of limestone, was taken in the Quarry on Water Street before it was allowed to fill with water in 1930. The quarry opened in the mid 1800's but later joined other quarries to form the the Thames Quarry. The ...
    Image     This picture, featuring a wooden, horse drawn wagon beside a wall of limestone, was taken in the Quarry on Water Street before it was allowed to fill with water in ...
  • W.H. Tovell's Delivery Carriage
    Image       This photograph shows a group of men standing with W.H. Tovell's delivery carriage outside of a building that presumably contains his shop. The sign on the left of the photo is for a tire store.
    Image     This photograph shows a group of men standing with W.H. Tovell's delivery carriage outside of a building that presumably contains his shop. The sign on the left of the photo ...
  • Trader's Bank
    Image       This photograph was taken inside the Trader's Bank in St. Marys. The men in the photo are employees of the bank but they are not identified by name.
    Image     This photograph was taken inside the Trader's Bank in St. Marys. The men in the photo are employees of the bank but they are not identified by name.
  • J.P. Rogers and Company
    Image       This photograph shows J.P. Rogers along with a clerk and a stock boy standing outside his store. The store was opened in 1885 after Rogers purchased the store, he would later move around to several different locations.
    Image     This photograph shows J.P. Rogers along with a clerk and a stock boy standing outside his store. The store was opened in 1885 after Rogers purchased the store, he would ...
  • Hooper's Dairy Vehicles
    Image       This image shows the vehicles that Hooper's Dairy used to deliver their products. The presence of both horse drawn carts and vans show that the transition to automobiles was still in progress.
    Image     This image shows the vehicles that Hooper's Dairy used to deliver their products. The presence of both horse drawn carts and vans show that the transition to automobiles was still ...
  • Baird Planing Mill, 1945
    Image       Photo of Baird Planing Mill which was located on Church Street. This photo was taken in 1945 just before the conversion to Beaver Lumber.
    Image     Photo of Baird Planing Mill which was located on Church Street. This photo was taken in 1945 just before the conversion to Beaver Lumber.
  • Beaver Lumber, 1946
    Image       The top part is covered with 1/8x12' BC cedar which we re-sawed from square timbers and ran through our own moulders. The bottom half is of the first aluminum siding in natural finish. All a product of wartime controls.
    Image     The top part is covered with 1/8x12' BC cedar which we re-sawed from square timbers and ran through our own moulders. The bottom half is of the first aluminum siding ...
  • Beattie Block
    Imagecomment       Reproduction of a stereoscope showing the Beattie Block with a group of people outside. This block was on the southwest corner of Queen and Church Streets.
    Imagecomment     Reproduction of a stereoscope showing the Beattie Block with a group of people outside. This block was on the southwest corner of Queen and Church Streets.
  • Parkview Creamery
    Image       Photo showing the Parkview Creamery damaged by the 1933 windstorm.
    Image     Photo showing the Parkview Creamery damaged by the 1933 windstorm.
  • C.W. Coupland, St. Marys
    Image       "C.W. Coupland, St. Marys Coupland's Music Store, Water St., nearly opp. P.O. Copyright, 1899, by the Singer MFG. Co. N.Y. Song Sparrow"
    Image     "C.W. Coupland, St. Marys Coupland's Music Store, Water St., nearly opp. P.O. Copyright, 1899, by the Singer MFG. Co. N.Y. Song Sparrow"
  • A&N Stores
    Image       This is a photograph of the A&N Store that was located at 95 Queen Street around the 1980s. The building was purchased by Rossdeutscher Holdings Ltd, the owner of the A&N Stores, in 1977. The building in which the store is located is now home to Buck or Two (July ...
    Image     This is a photograph of the A&N Store that was located at 95 Queen Street around the 1980s. The building was purchased by Rossdeutscher Holdings Ltd, the owner of the ...
  • Massey-Harris Farm Implements
    Image       This is a photograph of the Massey-Harris Farm Implements store that was once located next to town hall, where Tim Horton's is now (2018). A man is standing outside the building behind a horse and carriage. This building later functioned as a Massey-Harris Ferguson garage, and was the location for ...
    Image     This is a photograph of the Massey-Harris Farm Implements store that was once located next to town hall, where Tim Horton's is now (2018). A man is standing outside the ...
  • St. Marys Wood Specialty Co.
    Imagemystery       This photograph shows a group of unidentified men standing outside the St. Marys Wood Specialty Co. building which was once located where the current Subway is, across from the high school on James Street South. St. Marys Wood Specialty Co. was incorporated in 1908. They started out making hockey sticks ...
    Imagemystery     This photograph shows a group of unidentified men standing outside the St. Marys Wood Specialty Co. building which was once located where the current Subway is, across from the high ...
  • First Hutton Block, ca. 1857
    Image       Very early photograph of the first Hutton Block (located on the northwest corner of Queen and Water Streets - where the present MacPherson Arts and Crafts store is located today. The photo shows the building, dirt road leading up Queen Street West (with 2 homes in view - one on ...
    Image     Very early photograph of the first Hutton Block (located on the northwest corner of Queen and Water Streets - where the present MacPherson Arts and Crafts store is located today. ...
  • Parade passing Northwest Corner of Queen and Wellington Streets
    Image       Parade passing Northwest Corner of Queen and Wellington Streets. A band is playing in the parade. White and May Co. Limited can be seen on the corner.
    Image     Parade passing Northwest Corner of Queen and Wellington Streets. A band is playing in the parade. White and May Co. Limited can be seen on the corner.
  • Maxwell's Limited; Spring Delivery
    Image       The Maxwell & Son's Company was once a large farm and household implement manufacturer in St. Marys. This ca. 1890s photograph shows a number of employees on the loading dock as well as hanging out the windows holding Maxwell signs.
    Image     The Maxwell & Son's Company was once a large farm and household implement manufacturer in St. Marys. This ca. 1890s photograph shows a number of employees on the loading dock ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit